Resident Engineer 9/9/2016
Auburn Hills, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You Know Molex...
You may not see our name on the shelves, but our electronic solutions are inside the products you use every day. We work together with the world s innovators to design and manufacture electronic solutions that solve complex technical challenges.
At Molex, we not only employ some of the most talented people from all over the world, we work to help cultivate tomorrow's breakthroughs. From our corporate headquarters in Lisle, IL to manufacturing floors around the world, the Molex team is dedicated to helping further the limits of technology.
For more information:
* Visit the Molex website at www.molex.com
* Follow us at www.twitter.com/molexconnectors
* Watch our videos at www.youtube.com/molexconnectors
* Connect with us at www.facebook.com/molexconnectors
* Read our blog at www.connector.com
We are currently building our in house Engineering staff and are looking for a Resident Engineer to join our team. If you are looking for a way to accelerate your career and be part of a great company, this may be the opportunity for you.
In this role you will have the opportunity to promote and provide technical support for the Automotive Division within assigned target account(s) or geographic location through original equipment manufacturers (OEM), operating companies and/or distributors. To broaden customer base and increase penetration at existing accounts for automotive products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Capabilities in CAD design/engineering utilizing CATIA and NX.
* Promote and provide technical support by interacting with the sales team and established customers.
* Assists the sales force and customers by providing information related to samples, cross-references, presentation materials, technical support, part drawings, product specification, delivery dates, and quality issues as required.
* Keeps well informed on the technical aspects of all new products and other general information that would be of interest to field sales and customers.
* Working jointly with project engineers and engineering managers, develops new connector designs handling all phases required to bring connector concepts into production.Verifies product design. Checks manufacturing drawings for completeness and accuracy.
* Responsible to work with the project team supporting follow-up, documentation publishing and expediting all action items of a new product program.
* Prepares and follows Process Change Notifications (PCN) per document control procedures.
* Interfaces with internal departments (manufacturing, quality, lab, sales and marketing) to ensure design objectives are met in a timely manner and assists by providing product information, engineering samples and technical advice. Also interfaces with suppliers and customers.
* Manage and support Ford s WERS (Worldwide Engineering Release System) when applicable
* Supports Molex TQM program by following approved policies and procedures.
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor s degree in Engineering or 5+ years design experience in CATIA & NX
* 2 or more years of CATIA & NX CAD experience.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Able to perform statistical tolerance analysis.
* Knowledge of drafting standards and design layout.
* Design experience in some or all of the following areas: molding, plating, stamping and assembly. Knowledge of metals and plastics.