Resident Managing Director
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A RESIDENT MANAGING DIRECTOR
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of Aon Risk Solutions, in Stamford, CT. As a Resident Managing Director, you will report directly to the Regional Managing Director.
This position will oversee all strategic and tactical operations functions of the Stamford, CT office. This leadership position will extend to implementing business strategies, developing and achieving sales goals, driving and communicating financial goals, and achieving operational excellence. Aon s culture is performance-based, where employees are held accountable for key goals, objectives and service levels.
YOUR IMPACT AS A RESIDENT MANAGING DIRECTOR:
Resident Managing Director (RMD) is the ARS Leader in Stamford, reporting to the Greater New York (GNY) Regional Managing Director. The RMS provides the day-to-day leadership necessary to create and foster a team culture across all functional, industry and product lines in the ARS matrix management environment. In this highly collaborative role, the RMD is the extension of Aon s regional and national management team with local authority. The scope of responsibility requires that this person be consulted on and agree with the business decisions that have a direct impact on their offices. This person has the opportunity to provide input, as appropriate, into decisions that will impact the geographic area. In this leadership role, this person is responsible for achieving established financial goals through revenue retention and growth as well as expense control, and for guiding execution of company values, policies and initiatives. Notwithstanding the local focus of this position, the RMD s place the interest of Aon and ARS ahead of local and/or regional interest.
* Leads, personally participates in and is responsible for all business activities of the office, including achievement of annually established Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
* Serves as principal local advocate (inside and outside the office) in communicating the value proposition of Aon/ARS, the capabilities of the firm, our business philosophy, core values, etc.
* Contribute to the expansion of the company s footprint in Stamford with an eye toward acquisition and organic growth
* Collaborates with regional leadership, Integrated Function leaders, and others in developing short- and long-term objectives and implementing strategies to achieve those objectives. ( Integrated Functions include: origination; national practice groups: industry/product/process; and service units.) Monitors results and works with these groups to determine causes of under-performance and necessary actions where objectives are not being met
* Serves as the local champion (and, where necessary, enforcer) of Aon/ARS initiatives ensuring:
* Local office understanding and use of Aon/ARS capabilities, such as Aon Client Service, the Practice Groups, etc.
* Local office use of Aon/ARS tools, such as Eureka and AVX
* Local office compliance with company policies, such as annual performance reviews, accounting policies, E&O reporting, licensing, etc.
* Local office employees awareness, understanding of and compliance with Aon s and ARS s vision, strategies, capabilities, processes and procedures
* Works with the GNY Regional MD, the Integrated Function leaders, HR and others in (1) identifying, recruiting, and hiring candidates; (2) identifying local training needs; (3) reviewing performance of local employees and sign-off on all local personnel actions; (4) resolving conflicts involving the local office and other offices or Integrated Function units, and (5) Collaborating with Integrated Function Leaders, as appropriate, on personnel actions concerning locally-based, regional or national employees
* Serves as the advocate for, and coach to, all office employees.
* Focuses on employee engagement and development in the office to reduce turnover, achieve high employee performance and to increase the high-performer retention rate
* Provides input to the GNY Managing Director, Integrated Function leaders and others with respect to appropriate compensation for local and locally-based regional employees
* Implement appropriate succession plans to guarantee the continued success of the office
CLIENT AND NEW BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
* Serves as the principal client retention and new business champion in the office, assuring the delivery of service excellence, including implementation and oversight of client service best practices and procedures. The RMD also fosters and leads prospect/client relationship activities and has the primary responsibility for meeting and/or exceeding the office s annual KPIs
* Takes ownership of client problems with ARS by facilitating communication, ensuring that the appropriate individuals are involved in the resolution and following through with the client, if necessary, to determine client satisfaction with the resolution
* Directs compliance with ARS processes and procedures to reduce errors and omissions
* Collaborates with the GNY Managing Director, the Integrated Functions leadership and Finance to develop a financial plan for the local office, recognizing that many offices host national and regional employees
* Actively participates in executing the overall office plan and monitors results relative to the RMD s area of direct responsibility
* Monitors, contains and/or reduces expenses within his or her area of direct responsibility, consistent with prudent management of the business. Provides input to regional Integrated Functions leadership with respect to expenses incurred by locally-hosted regional employees
* Communicates ARS expense control initiatives (e.g. strategic sourcing, T&E, etc.) throughout the office and implements within direct sphere of influence
* Monitors the Aged Trial Balance Report and works with all relationship managers in the office and with Finance to keep account current. Where necessary, also pursues receivable collection
* Makes recommendations on real estate assessments, office moves and other facilities issues
* Ensures that building management provides proper services for the efficient running of the office
* Ensures Aon s visibility and business networking within the corporate and civic community by encouraging staff participation in local organizations
* Represents Aon in professional and business associations; functions as Aon s ambassador to local civic organizations
* The individuals in this position should be proven performers with significant experience in complex risk management and insurance service strategies. Exceptionally strong leadership, teamwork and influencing skills are required to excel in this matrix management environment
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* Relevant industry certifications preferred
* Minimum 15 years brokerage experience at a regional or national firm with a strong track record of driving business performance and an excellent reputation in the industry
* Minimum 5 years of proven management experience in growth settings
* Ability to build and manage brokerage operations, develop client relationships and oversee production teams in commercial lines of business
* Demonstrated track record of success in growing a brokerage firm (entering new markets, expanding product distribution)
* Strong desire to mentor and coach as well as evaluate, grow and develop talent in the organization
* Proven track record of fostering employee engagement and managing change
* Experienced in development and execution of annual and long-term strategic