This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Waste Pro of FL in Clearwater is seeking to hire helpers for their residential garbage routes. Waste Pro offers a competitive wage and benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance; a 401k plan and paid time off.
A Helper picks up solid waste and places it in the back of a rear load garbage truck on specified routes this may be done manually or by pushing toter to tipper. Lifts and carries trash bags, bulk items and containers to the truck for disposal. Climbs onto and off of the rear truck step to load refuse, waste and carts. Operates packing mechanism to compact waste into the truck.
* Able to to lift up to 50 pounds possibly 100 times per day. Includes pushing 50 pounds to empty containers , pushing 25 pounds of force to operate compacter levers, be able to two hand carry containers up to 50 pounds from curb to truck , hook weight of 30-40 pounds on truck and carry up bulk items of up to 100 pounds or more with assistance. Be able to work in a fast paced, team environment.
* Able to work outdoors in all types of weather.
* May ride on the outside of the truck while servicing residential customers in low MPH areas.
* Able to read, write and comprehend reports well enough to complete daily assignments.
* Able to follow safe operating practices.
* Able to learn and use interpersonal skills relating to good customer service.
* Must possess a valid drivers license
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.