Residential Installer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 1/2/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY: Perform installation of customer's residential alarm system and its components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following To perform this job successfully, the Residential Installer I may be expected to perform some or all of the duties listed.
* Acknowledge, implement, and enforce all Protection One policies and procedures.
* Maintain an on-going library of all Protection One policies, procedures, and technical manuals.
* Submit accurate and timely documentation to your immediate supervisor (billing reports, data entry information, time cards, etc.)
* Attend classroom and field training as required.
* Comply with Protection One's vehicle policy.
* Maintain the appropriate truck stock supplies/tools/equipment.
* Maintain the appropriate basic hand tools necessary to perform required duties.
* Maintain good driving record.
* Perform new system installations.
* Perform system upgrades.
* Perform system additions.
* Perform customer instruction on system operation and functionality.
* Perform system testing and signal verification.
* Must be able to perform proper equipment mounting techniques.
* Good customer service skills.
* Must be able to perform installation of concealed devices and wiring.
* None required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Knowledge of Company policies, procedures, guidelines, and practices.
* Self-motivated and a professional attitude.
* Excellent communication and listening skills.
* Excellent teambuilding, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
* Must possess good decision making skills, be very organized and detail oriented.
* Ability to use discretion and problem analysis.
* Ability to work effectively with others.
* Ability to work as part of a dynamic team and be flexible.
* Ability and willingness to make key contributions to the growth of the business.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
* Ability to write simple correspondence.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
* Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, delays or unexpected events; manage competing demands; change approach or method to best fit the situation.
* Ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted.
* Ability to maintain composure, keep emotions in check and avoid aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; twist; use hands to handle; push; pull or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
* The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
* Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for extended periods, and be able to drive at night.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to high, precarious places and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
* Must be able to drive a motor vehicle while seated for periods of up to 2 or more hours.
* Must be able to drive at night.
* Must be able to bend and work in tight spaces.
* This job involves working with 110-volt electricity.
* This position involves the possibility of crawling under structures or in attics.
* The employee is required to be available to work on weekends, holidays and after 5 p.m. as needed.
* High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred.
* Prior experience in the military, electrical, electronic, or constructions fields.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Applicable state and local licenses where required.
* Must have a valid driver s license.
Protection One Alarm Monitoring, Inc. or any of its respective affiliates, divisions, and/or subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Security Monitoring Services, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/AA/Veterans/Disabled employer committed to a diverse workforce.