Residential Title Examiner II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Black Knight Financial Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONBlack Knight is the premier provider of integrated technology, services, data and analytics that lenders and servicers look to first to help successfully manage the entire loan life cycle. Our deep understanding of regulatory and compliance issues complements the knowledge, technology and solutions we offer to help our clients achieve their business goals. Black Knight offers leading software systems, data and analytics offerings, and information solutions that facilitate and automate many of the business processes across the mortgage life cycle.
JOB FAMILY DESCRIPTION
Reviews and researches properties through public records and completes documentation for the titling process.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Researches commercial properties ranging in complexity, to determine ownership status and encumbrances affecting title.
* Reviews and analyzes deeds, mortgages, easements, judgments, tax assessments, mineral reservation, and other applicable instruments.
* Resolves any issues such as missing, incomplete, inaccurate or contradictory information contained in the title documentation.
* Performs the title process on multimillion dollar properties with precision while maintaining applicable time management.
* Handles customer requests and delegates requests to appropriate departments and staff members.
* Provides customer order and processing training to other personnel.
* Provides administrative support to Commercial Examiners and department heads.
* Accesses government records sources, including county clerk records, in order to research chain of title and recorded deed, as well as obtain deed, foreclosure, bankruptcy, liens and satisfaction of mortgage recorded so as to verify marketable title.
* Verifies ownership and legal descriptions of a property and checks for documents that may restrict the use of the property.
* Reviews data and submits accurate reports for the process of insuring a clear title.
* Performs other duties as required.
High school education or equivalent.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Confidence and capability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
* Superior customer service skills required
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
* Must be organized and results-driven
* Must be able to work with various levels of personnel within the organization
* Must be professional and a team player
* Proficient in MS Office
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work to successfully meet imposed deadlines
* Proficiency in Excel with the willingness to embrace technology applications to achieve excellence in customer satisfaction
JOB FAMILY LEVEL
Intermediate professional role requiring moderate skills with high level of proficiency. Has complete understanding of general office policies and practices. May coach more junior technical staff. Works under general supervision with latitude for independent judgment. May consult with senior peers on more complex issues. Searches, analyzes, and evaluates documents of the Public Records to complete the title process. Increases efficiency and productivity through training. Typically requires a minimum of two (2) years of related work experience.
Black Knight Financial Services is an AA/Equal Opportunity Employer