Resiliency Engineer / Performance Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The primary responsibility of this position will be to test for resiliency or recovery of how well an application is able to recover from crashes, hardware failures and other similar problems. Recovery testing is the forced failure of the software in a variety of ways to verify that recovery is properly performed. The Senior Resiliency Engineer will work with the Performance Consultants to mentor Application Development and Application Engineers on ways to better our products.
The focus of the Senior Resiliency Engineer will be to build technical foundation in our applications. The ability to build technical relationships with Application Development and Application Engineering staff is a strong requirement for this position.
(May come from a Performance Testing Design and Architecture background)
* Lead the creation of Resiliency test plans
* Identify risks and prepare mitigation plans
* Develop Test Data Strategy
* Assist Performance Consultant in determining appropriate test environments
* Create Resiliency test cases according to standards - manual and automated
* Perform problem solving and root cause analysis when defects occur
* Update Test Log with test findings
* Engage Application Development or Application Engineering in defect resolution
* Participate on continuous improvement efforts within the QA organization
* Support and provide constructive feedback on existing processes and standards
* Research and evaluate new testing technologies and tools
* Become technically competent in the technologies used by Application Development and Application Engineering organizations
* Evaluate and recommend process or technical changes to partner organizations
* 5+ years of performance recovery software testing experiencepreferred
* Demonstrates a solid understanding of product lifecycles and be able to incorporate these into a Resiliency test solution.
* Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving/decision making skills
* Must be very detail oriented
* Must have minimum 5+ years' experience in Windows, LINUX (required), UNIX (required), JAVA, Web Services, SQL Server, Oracle
* Must have minimum 5+ years' experiencescripting in Unix/Linux
* Excellent communication and organizational skills, team player
* Solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle
* Ability to resolve issues in a timely manner
* Ability to prioritize workload in an efficient manner
* Effective listening skills
* Proven ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance
* Sense of urgency and commitment to providing the best support possible to both internal and external clients
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization well as solid facilitation skills
* Must be able to act in a SME role for various projects and initiatives
* Must possess a solid understanding of how various systems and applications interact
* Ability to resolve issues In a timely manner
* Superior client service skills
* BSDegree in CS or C Eng or equivalent work experience required