Resource Nurse-Critical Care SEIU 36hrs Nights
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/21/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Boston Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB OPPORTUNITY
RESOURCE NURSE-CRITICAL CARE SEIU 36HRS NIGHTS
JOB ID 2542760 DATE POSTED 07/07/2016 apply now
Boston Medical Center (BMC) is more than a hospital. It s a network of support and care that touches the lives of hundreds of thousands of people in need each year. It is the largest and busiest provider of trauma and emergency services in New England. Emphasizing community-based care, BMC is committed to providing consistently excellent and accessible health services to all and is the largest safety-net hospital in New England. The hospital is also the primary teaching affiliate of the nationally ranked Boston University School of Medicine (BUSM) and a founding partner of Boston HealthNet an integrated health care delivery systems that includes many community health centers. BMC provides a full range of pediatric and adult care services, from primary to family medicine to advanced specialty care.
BMC is also committed to our employees, who are a very important piece to who we are. We pride ourselves in providing equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law. BMC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Works within the scope of a critical care emergency nurse to respond to all areas of the hospital, as a member of the Rapid Response Team, Proceed Out Team and Code Blue Resuscitation Team. Additional responsibilities include providing support to the ICUs, critical care areas and the Emergency Department during episodes of high acuity and surge in patient volume. The Resource Nurse will be deployed to areas at the direction of the DON of Critical Care, Bed Facilitator or Off Shift Nurse Manager to ensure the coordination of patient care. The role encompasses nursing assessment, intervention and evaluation of care for patients in accordance with established BMC policies, procedures, guidelines and standards of ANA clinical nursing practice. Consistently and effectively utilizes all steps of the nursing process to provide safe and appropriate care to the patient.
* BSN degree preferred.
* 4 -5 years experience in critical care - emergency nursing.
* RN required.
* Licensed to practice professional nursing as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
* BLS, ACLS, TNCC, PALS , IV Insertion Certification,
* Serves as a member of the BMC emergency response teams and is able to function within the American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support algorithms within the scope of a critical care-emergency nurse.
* Provides rapid response to the given clinical situation as per the emergency paging system.
* Facilitates the care of the acute care patient as a transfer within the diagnostic areas such as the emergency department the ICU, cardiac catheterization lab, OR and / or Radiology Department.
* Performs a rapid triage assessment and is able to prioritize care upon arrival for scene safety and patient care.
* Maintains positive communication (written and spoken) effectively, while interfacing with BMC multi-disciplinary care team.
* Documents in the BMC Electronic Medical Record, ICU flow sheets, and the Emergency Department IBEX Medical Record, if necessary to record patient care.
* Demonstrates flexibility and critical thinking when called upon to support a clinical nursing care area .
* Maintains certifications and skills as mandated by position.
* Identifies own learning needs and assumes responsibility for maintaining current knowledge, competency and nursing expertise.
* Completes annual mandatory educational requirements, safety training and maintains appropriate credentials.
* Serve as a resource for nurses in non ICU and ICU critical care areas.
* Performs all other duties as assigned or as necessary.