This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Respiratory Therapist
Reports To: Unit Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY - This position is responsible for participating in the performance of the day to day activities of the Respiratory Care Department including but not limited to therapy procedures, in service education, tracheotomy and ventilator management and weaning, interdisciplinary care with both core and ancillary staff. This position is also responsible for the completion of the therapist's duties both for general population of the facility as well as home care when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
* Performs any and or all duties of the respiratory care program as required.
* Adheres to Policy and Procedure.
* Adheres to work schedule. Also responsible for assisting in emergency coverage when theneed arises.
* Consults with family members, physicians, and other health care professionals, as appropriate.
* Takes on active role in in-service education of employees as well as the community.
* Assist with Q.A. and other reports as requested.
* Assists with on call for company needs.
* Provides updates consistently to supervisor for changes and patient status.
* Participates in checking for safety, care and cleaning of equipment and maintenance of thedepartment.
* Patients & Patient families
* Unit Pulmonologist/Physician/Nurse Practitioner
* Facility staff (physical/speech/occupational therapy, social services, nursing, core care group)
* Regional Hospitals & Homecare (referral sources)
* Respiratory Therapy Staff/ Peers
* REMEO Unit Manager
REQUIRED CRITICAL BEHAVIORS
* Will need to cope with the demands of both patients and families. Will need to maintain patient and employee confidentiality.
* Must demonstrate professional demeanor and appearance.
* Must have ability to gain and maintain thorough knowledge of paperwork and apply policy and procedure appropriately.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES - None
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Ability to troubleshoot/problem solve equipment.
* Ability to make independent clinical decisions.
* Must have strong communication skills for coordination of care.
* Must be sensitive to the physical and psychosocial needs of fragile patients and families.
* Must be responsive to family, staff and facility needs.
* Must be able to function in stressful situations.
* Must be able to recognize and effectively communicate needs to manager.
* Must adhere to policy and procedure.
* Must participate in interdisciplinary team meetings as well as all mandatory staff meetingsand in-services; exhibit team building and participation skills.
* Willingness to learn new techniques and apply.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE -
* Proof of Negative TB testing (either skin or negative Chest X-Ray).
* 2 years of experience in ventilator management (either Acute or Home Care) preferred butnot required.
* Must complete minimum of six (6) hours of training per year in Infection Control and BloodBorne Pathogen, OSHA, safety issues, HIPAA, any new products of services and any other issues necessary for job requirements.
* Must complete state required Continuing Education Credits for purpose of Respiratory Therapy Licensure.
* Must hold a valid driver's license.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
* Must be a graduate of an approved AMA School for Respiratory Care. Current StateLicense required. Credentialed by the NBRC.
* Current BLS Certification.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS -While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
WORK ENVIRONMENT -The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Lincare is an equal opportunity, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V