This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
American Homepatient, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONGeneral Purpose:
To provide support to patients outside the hospital. To work closely with referring physicians, hospital personnel, and other clinicians to ensure the best professional care of the patient.
* The staff Respiratory Therapist is responsible for the overall technical and administrative functions at the location regarding the Home Respiratory therapist program.
* Is responsible for the installation of respiratory therapist equipment and provision of all needed supplies and products to the patients of American HomePatient in accordance with established policies and procedures.
* Is responsible for patient/caregiver education and training to ensure safe and efficacious use of any respiratory therapist modalities provided by American HomePatient.
* Is responsible for clinical contact with the physician, referred contacts, health care practitioners, and others involved in the care of the patients referred to American HomePatient for home respiratory therapist services.
* Is responsible for the maintenance of records, charting, progress notes, clinical files, equipment records, preventative maintenance records, and other necessary documentation as required by American HomePatient policy and procedures and by other regulatory agencies.
* Is responsible for the ongoing assessment of patients and equipment as regards to Home Respiratory Therapist Program. Takes appropriate steps to inform all parties concerned regarding patient and equipment status, and emphasizes good patient care.
* Is responsible for assessing the home environment of all patients the staff Respiratory Therapist contacts to ensure the safe efficacious delivery of home respiratory therapist modalities.
* Is responsible for the overseeing of all applicable regulatory rules and guidelines as pertains to the location(s) of the staff respiratory therapist. In conjunction with the General Manager and the Director of Patient Services, is responsible for securing completion of all documentation required by local, state, and federal agencies and departments as regards the Home Respiratory Therapist Program.
* Is responsible for maintaining twenty-four hour coverage (on-call) for Home Respiratory Therapist patients of American HomePatient. This may be achieved by concurrent use of part-time respiratory therapist personnel to relive the staff respiratory therapist. In locations providing life support (volume ventilator) and/or home CPAP therapy, a licensed staff respiratory therapist must be on-call at all times.
* Is responsible for the supervision and scheduling of part-time or fee-for-service agreements, including records for payments to fee-for-service personnel and services performed.
* Is responsible for providing services and record keeping in full compliance with the policies and procedures of American HomePatient, including but not limited to the Respiratory P & P Manual, the Personnel P & P Manual, and the Administrators Manual.
* Is responsible for meeting all requirements as stated by regulatory or other outside agencies pertaining to respiratory therapist services at the location(s), including the storage, handling, and transfilling of oxygen containers.
* If a staff respiratory therapist in a particular location is not feasible or available on a full-time basis, the part time or fee-for service personnel will be responsible for all clinical services and administrative respiratory therapist duties in conjunction with the Director of Patient Services and the General Manager.
* Is responsible for orientation and training of subordinate or newly hired respiratory therapist staff service technicians.
* Communicates with the General Manager to ensure adequate stocks of equipment and supplies to operate the Home Respiratory Therapist Program, and to effect timely repairs to equipment.
* Exhibits effective written and verbal communication skills.
* Adheres to cost-containment policies and procedures.
* Is responsible for a safe working environment as regards the respiratory therapist program and cooperates with safety P & P's.
* Works with the office staff to ensure prompt and accurate billing and documentation of services, including providing adequate information to satisfy third-party payor guidelines for coverage.
* Works with all clinical, managerial, and sales staff to promote and market American HomePatient's home respiratory therapist services to all referral sources.
* Is responsible for testing, repairing, and maintaining all home respiratory therapy equipment, and as such may designate staff members or outside parties to perform such functions, Ensures proper, accurate, and safe operation of all equipment prior to installation.
* Prior experience in Home Respiratory Therapy is preferred.
* Prior experience in volume ventilator, apnea monitoring, and CPAP support.
* Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner in state(s) of practice.
* Valid driver's license, proof of automobile insurance and own transportation for delivery of services.
* Must satisfactorily complete a physical exam within fourteen days of hire to confirm absence of communicable disease.
American HomePatient is an equal opportunity, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. American HomePatient provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because American HomePatient believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V