Respiratory Therapist (Per Diem) - Cromwell, CT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY BioScrip, Inc. is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With over 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are seeking a Per Diem Respiratory Therapist to join our team.
This position is responsible for administering and evaluating the effectiveness of respiratory care, coordinating respiratory services, teaching the patient and/or caregiver and performing respiratory care services to patients in their place of residence in accordance to physician's orders.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Provides care including patient and caregiver teaching, development and revision of the Plan of Care and Plan of Treatment, implementation of physician orders and patient response monitoring.
* Performs patient and caregiver education on oxygen supplies and equipment set-up and use.
* Provides new set up of all equipment and performs diagnostic testing.
* Submits all required patient care documentation and reports in a timely manner.
* Performs respiratory therapy procedures and applies diagnostic and prognostic principle to evaluate the patient's level of function in activities of daily living.
* Evaluates the home environment and makes appropriate suggestions.
* Communicates any changes in the patient's condition to supervisor, physicians and other health care professionals as appropriate.
* Instructs other health care personnel, caregivers and/or family members in aspects of respiratory care which make up the rehabilitation program for the patient.
* Coordinates the respiratory therapy program with the other home care clinical disciplines as indicated.
* Participates in the activities of the Performance Improvement Program.
* Participates in branch in-services, departmental meetings, interdisciplinary case conferences and quality assurance process as requested.
* Each employee is responsible for adhering to those performance programs, policies, procedures, guidelines and internal control standards established to guide the operation of the Company. Each employee must be made aware of and understand proper internal control procedures associated with their specific job function as communicated by his/her manager.
* Each employee is responsible for reporting concerns that he or she may have with respect to deficiencies in internal control.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach outward, and handle/finger.
* The employee is occasionally required to reach above shoulder, climb, crawl, squat, kneel and bend.
* The employee may be required to occasionally push/pull 10lbs or less and occasionally push/pull up to 35lbs.
* The employee may be required to occasionally lift/carry up to 10lbs to 35lbs.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Work is normally performed in a home environment.
* May occasionally be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Graduate of a certified Respiratory Therapy Program. Current state Respiratory Therapy license in good standing. CPR certification. A minimum of one (1) year related experience in the home care industry. Must be able to assume a flexible work schedule and have the ability to travel in assigned territory as needed. Must have valid driver's license and maintain a driving record which meets company's standards and must have auto insurance in effect at all times. Experiential requirements may be waived in lieu of evidence of progressive growth in and attainment of the skills necessary to perform the required duties.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills and organizational skills required.
* Knowledge of accreditation standards, laws and regulations and industry standards of practice.
* Works independently, demonstrates leadership in the practice of respiratory therapy.
* Supports and promotes departmental goals and initiatives.
* Skill in effective consensus building.
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance.
* Ability to promote a compassionate, caring, customer service oriented culture by operating in a professional and collaborative fashion.
* Knowledge of computerized information systems.
* Plans and organizes work effectively.
* Prioritizes responsibilities and workloads.
* Displays a neat, clean, professional appearance or demeanor at all times.
* Proficient in computer skills.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret clinical information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from referral sources, managers, patients, employees, payors and the general public.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.