Respiratory Therapist RRT
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
University of Kansas Hospital
Kansas City, KS
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Details
I am at least 18 years of age
I am authorized to work in the United States
I meet the job requirements as described
Work among the best. Be part of the multidisciplinary team that is hallmark of an academic medical center. In our collaborative environment which includes physicians, nurses, and therapists, teams serve specific areas of medicine. The team approach promotes consistency of care for patients, as well as develops relationships among the therapists. The hospital offers competitive wages and an outstanding benefit package.
We currently have an opening for a Respiratory New Grad.
* Administers all respiratory care for the more complex and difficult critical care patients.
* Evaluates and assesses the patient's condition and takes appropriate action.
* Collaborates with other members of the health care team to effectively perform multidisciplinary functions.
* Maintains positive working relations especially under high levels of stress.
* Educates patients and family members regarding cardio-respiratory topics, medications, equipment, and procedures.
* Assists with training of students and orientation of new employees.
* Fulfills call duties as assigned.
* Will obtain a Associate's, Bachelor's or Master's degree in Respiratory Care prior to employment.
* Eligible to receive RCP license from State of Kansas Board of Healing Arts.
* Eligible for RRT credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care.
* 6 months experience in critical respiratory care is preferred.
* Must obtain RRT credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care Inc. within 12 months of hire date.
* Must obtain CRT credential from the National Board of Respiratory Care Inc. within 6 months of hire date.
* Must have basic life support (BLS) certification.
* Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), or Neonatal Resuscitation Program and Life Support (NRP) are preferred.
The University of Kansas Medical Center is committed to providing an equal opportunity for all qualified individuals to be considered for employment, benefits and conditions of employment, and to participate in or benefit from education programs and activities, regardless of race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, or genetic information. A university community that provides equal opportunity for all will make significant strides towards the elimination of discrimination.
It is the mission of the Equal Opportunity Office to create a community of equality and inclusiveness that provides full and fair opportunities for all persons and to foster an intellectually and culturally diverse environment of learning and leadership where all individuals are valued, respected, and unhindered in their pursuit of excellence in their work and education.