- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Retail Assistant Store Manager - Chattanooga, TN
Title: Retail Store Assistant Manager
Reports to: Retail Store Manager
This position is for SalonCentric, a wholly owned subsidiary of L'Oreal USA. SalonCentric is a leading and rapidly growing wholesale distributor of premium and exclusive brands in the salon and beauty industry.
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
The Store Assistant Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service, development of team members as well as merchandising and inventory control.
* Sales Building
* Meet annual sales goals to budget
* Grow sales through merchandising
* Maintain in-stock conditions
* Use suggestive selling techniques, tie in opportunities and promotions
* Develop and execute marketing activities
* Complete stocking of shipment in order to maintain in-stock levels
* Employee Development
* Train and develop store personnel
* Effectively communicate company policies and procedures. Ensure adherence to nametags, aprons, safety knifes, dress code, phone/cell phone usage and employee purchase program among other policies.
* Educate employees on the mechanics of the store
* Assure that all employees have a copy of the Asset Protection and Customer Service manuals.
* Keep Employee Handbook on hand for reference
* Apply appropriate coaching and discipline where needed
* Maintain professional store appearance while adhering to SalonCentric established merchandising principles.
* Maintain consistent product presentation, display building, promotional support and pricing
* Cost Controls/Margin Maintenance
* Conduct cycle counts at least three times per week
* Submit cycle counts variance forms at month end
* Make daily bank deposits. Same day deposits must be made before Holidays. Change bags must always have $50
* Check Min/Max levels on a regular basis
* Price sale table items
* Complete refund log on each refund
* Checks must have account number, invoice number and current phone number written on them.
* Employees may only ring on their assigned terminals. Employees may never ring up their own employee purchase.
* Uphold company policies and procedures
* Participate in conference calls with Regional Manager as scheduled
* Attend regional meetings and trainings as scheduled
* Submit schedules and hours worked reports as required by RSM
* Adhere to posted work schedule. Immediately inform RSM of changes, absences or if you are leaving early or coming in late. Be on time. Tardiness is unacceptable. Be sure to clock-in and clock-out when arriving and leaving the building.
* Complete Out of Store activity log and fax weekly to RSM with schedules
* Accurately record and report e-time information
* Act with honesty, integrity and professionalism
* Uphold all employment related laws and regulations
* Uphold all safety, health, security or company policies, rules or procedures
* Show respect, courtesy and cooperation to customers and fellow employees
This job summary is provided as an overview of your job responsibilities. It is not possible to document every detail of a job. We reserve the right to modify, rescind or revise this job summary from time to time, as we deem necessary.
* 1 to 2 years of retail management experience
* High School degree in Management or related field of study (or equivalent work experience) is required
* Ability to stand more than 90% of scheduled shift
* Ability to lift 20lbs or more throughout the scheduled shift
* Reliable transportation to insure bank deposits are delivered within company guidelines
* Demonstrated success in achieving selling and operational excellence by hiring, leading, motivating and developing effective store team members
* Highly resourceful, flexible and ability to solve problems in a timely manner
* Ability to operate a computerized cash register system, prior experience with SAP a plus
* Ability to build and maintain relationships with all levels of management
* Self-directed with excellent organizational and time management skills
* Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent organizational and project management skills
* A Cosmetology license is a plus