Retail Buyer - Floral / Silk Flowers 8/25/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Rare opportunity for a FLORAL BUYER with a successful and growing privately held retailer. This opportunity will have a strong compensation package and be bonus eligible. It will be located in the beautiful Nashville, TN area that ranks high on quality of life and cost of living indexes. The community has strong schools and is one of the nations top areas for employment and economic growth. OUR CLIENT HAS EXTREMELY LOW CORPORATE TURNOVER. THESE NEW OPENINGS ARE CREATED BY CONTINUOUS SUCCESS IN OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE. COME BE A PART OF A SUCCESSFUL MERCHANDISING TEAM! Buyer Requirements:Under the direction of the V.P. of Merchandising, the Buyer sources, evaluates, negotiates and price merchandise for assigned categories to generate maximum sales, profit and inventory turns. The Buyer will have a direct report Assistant Buyer and have responsibility for $10 to $20 million at cost.
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a Buyer or Asst. Buyer for a bricks and mortar retail company in the categories of Floral, Silk Flowers, Seasonal.
* Bachelor's Degree in related field.
* Strong preference for candidates with discount, closeout, overstock, direct buying experience. Extensive experience with importing and buying overseas. Ability to travelinternationally a minimum of twice per year.
* Ability to work cohesively with advertising, stores and distribution center to expedite and flow merchandise in a timely manner.
* Strong negotiation and vendor management skills.
* This individual must have a drive for results and be an excellent communicator, with strong analytical and organizational skills.
If you meet these qualifications, lets talk. Reply with your resume today!Keywords: Home Goods, Home Decor, Housewares, bedding, home textiles, buyer, assistant buyer, associate buyer, category manager, procurement, purchasing, linens, tabletop, merchandising, floral, rugs, curtains, seasonal, discount, closeout, overstock, lamps, pet supplies, storage, organization.