Retail Development Support Officer 9/17/2016
Cadence Bank N.A.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PRIMARY PURPOSE
Responsible for supporting overall balanced performance of the retail branches with emphasis on deposit acquisition, lending and non-interest income generation for consumer and small business segments. Proactively initiate, develop, and manage relationships with Retail Executives and branch managers by providing and supporting training to the branches that primarily focuses on sales efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed and specific activities may changes from time to time.
1. Assisting with the writing, coordinating and delivery of consumer, small business, and Treasury Management product knowledge training combined with in-person sales and telephone training and outside calling sales training to ensure Cadence Bank customer and prospect expectations are met.
2. Responsible for supporting the sales management and revenue generation within the branch network. In addition, provide quality leadership, encouragement, and guidance to all branch personnel.
3. Make proactive daily contact with Retail Executives, branch managers and/or branch staff either by phone, email or in person to offer support and to identify additional branch training needs.
4. While it will remain the responsibility of the branch manager to initiate, direct and manage it, the Development and Support Market Leader will participate in outside retail and small business customer development and prospecting for new consumer and small business households. Prospecting and providing additional solutions that will expand existing household relationships. The Development and Support Market Leader will coach the branch manager on how best to participate in civic, government, professional, business and community affairs, associations and groups to solicit and develop new consumer and small business households for the branches and how best to promote Cadence Bank s positive public image in the community.
5. Provide hands-on and face-to-face training with branch managers and members of the branch team to promote better balanced growth, servicing, and profitability of the Bank s deposit products.
6. Provide hands-on and face-to-face training with branch managers and members of the branch team to promote better consumer and small business loan performance pertaining to growth, profitability, and quality.
7. Provide hands-on and face-to-face training with branch managers and members of the branch team to promote the product knowledge, use and sale of the six main Treasury Management products every small business can use and train branches on how to proactively and aggressively market these solutions among both existing and potential small business customers.
8. Responsible for providing sales leadership and coaching to all members of the branch sales teams to ensure maximum performance and attainment of goals and improvement plans.
9. Work closely with the branch managers for optimal staffing of the branch teams to include goal setting, performance reviews, and training.
10. Participate in Retail Executive s weekly branch manager call and monthly branch manager in-person meetings to provide in-person training and support.
11. Work with members of the Retail Management team in developing and implementing an annual training plan. Also work together as a team to identify opportunities for continuous improvement and offer new training ideas, processes and material.
12. Responsible for maintaining contact with the ROM to ensure that internal controls are being maintained with a proper emphasis on operational risks.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Bachelor s degree or equivalent education and related training
2. Three years of experience in financial services
3. One year of leadership experience
4. Strong interpersonal, sales and relationship management skills
5. Strong written, verbal and communication skills
6. Demonstrate ability to provide leadership and to handle multiple priorities under time constraints
7. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software
8. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight