Retail Loan Originator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
The Retail Loan Originator (LO) position is an outside sales associate that sources and originates retail mortgage loans for EverBank from 3 rd party referral sources (realtors, builders, etc.) and manages the client experience from application to closing. This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
* Conducts outside sales activities customarily and regularly outside any fixed site including, but not limited to, EverBank's places of business and away from the loan originator's own office or home
* Establish a strong presence for EverBank including, but not limited to, developing relationships with realtors, builders, financial service providers, and community groups
* Participate in all steps related to the origination of a mortgage loan including, but not limited to, meeting with prospects, counseling borrowers, and taking mortgage applications
* Attend various rallies, luncheons, and events to raise referral source awareness of the company's products and services
* Learn various borrowing programs and processes, and stay current with changes and new products
* Maintain sales at or above production standards as stated in the incentive plan
* Learn and utilize various in-house technical systems and programs
* Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position
* Regularly track, maintain, and update accurate records of related outside sales activities within EverBank guidelines
* Maintain personal marketing and business plans (subject to EverBank guidelines); marketing efforts made by the associate are for the benefit of the associate and EverBank does not typically provide an internal referral source for the Retail Branch channel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of financial aspects of mortgage origination and processing
* Strong sales skills with ability to cold call and penetrate new referral sources for leads
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft Office
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Entrepreneurial mindset
* Must possess superior customer service skills
* Excellent listening skills
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Three (3) years current retail loan origination experience
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Established sales network with proven ability to self-source new clients and customers through market penetration, referral and MSA programs preferred
* Must be S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.