Retail Loan Originator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
The Retail Loan Originator (LO) sources and originates retail mortgage loans for EverBank from 3 rd party referral sources (realtors, builders, etc.) and manages the client experience from origination to closing.
* Establish a strong presence for EverBank including, but not limited to, developing relationships with realtors, builders, financial service providers, and community groups.
* Participate in all steps related to the origination of a mortgage loan including, but not limited to, meeting with prospects, counseling borrowers, and taking mortgage applications, primarily face to face but also by phone.
* Attend various rallies, luncheons, and events to raise referral source awareness of the Company's products and services.
* Learn various borrowing programs and processes and stay current with changes and new products.
* Learn and utilize various in-house technical systems and programs.
* Adhere to all federal and state compliance guidelines relative to the position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Knowledge of financial aspects of mortgage origination and processing
* Strong sales skills with ability to cold call and penetrate new referral sources for leads
* Strong computer skills to include Microsoft office
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Entrepreneurial mindset
* Must possess superior customer service skills
* Excellent listening skills
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* 4 year degree preferred
* 3-5 years current retail loan origination experience
* Must be S.A.F.E. Act Registered through NMLS
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.