This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/20/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
Bretton Woods, NH
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
The Hospitality Retail Manager is responsible for daily sales, customer service, employee training & scheduling, inventory control, merchandising, payroll management and the opening and closing of the hospitality retail department, including but not limited to Cabots Clothing & Gift, Critters, The Flowershop, Mount Pleasant Market & The Bretton Arms Inn Retail.
* Sets the exemplary role of Specialty Retail Service. Ensures the number one priority of all sales associates is the customer and customer service.
* Manages all retail staff, by preparing weekly schedules, addressing employee grievances, and elevating them to Director of Retail/Director if necessary and providing supervisory coverage in stores. Assists in the hiring and termination of all related associates.
* Create and manager a team based environment with staff and continually evolve developing a positive atmosphere with in the department.
* Manages all documentation related to direct reports, including but not limited to, 90 day, seasonal and yearly reviews, associate requisitions form and personal information forms (PIF).
* Develops and builds store displays around the resort, including but not limited to, displays at the hotel, the alpine base lodge. Manages all merchandising within each venue to present product in a clean and engaging manner at all times.
* Attends relative tradeshows to assist in open to buy for all hospitality retail venues. Working along side of Retail Director, assists in product selection to have a diverse and intriguing product mix that will translate to revenue generation.
* Working with Retail Director, manages reorder of assigned product categories, while managing inventory levels in line with business levels.
* Coordinates all vendor clinic schedules by communicating with vendors and ensuring that all clinic details are planned and executed. Manages all monthly training topics at Omni Service Tradition Meetings.
* Coordinates the receiving of all merchandise, including checking product in, pricing, merchandising product on floor, warehousing back stock and submission of all packing lists to Inventory Control Manager. Works along with Inventory Control Manager to process all returns to vendors
* Manages scheduled monthly and quarterly inventories by delegating work, taking inventory with POS scanning guns, coordinating all re-counts, coordinating all inventory verifications with accounting and compiling data results, while following all inventory procedures that align with internal audit compliance.
* Assists in data entry in Point-of-Sales (POS) software by entering and checking data that is entered into the system. Ensures that all employees are trained on how to enter correct data.
* Manages daily replenishment of back stocked product to the sales floor, as well as maintaining a clean and organized back stock room.
* Ensure the store will maintain a clean atmosphere by adhering to an established cleaning schedule.
* Completes purchase orders in a timely fashion and ensures that items are purchased at correct times, and manages inventory levels to level of business.
* Ensures all employees have completed all end of shift duties. Responsible for the opening and closing procedures of the stores.
* Establishes store procedures, ensuring all the above tasks are performed in a timely fashion.
* Assists in providing options for special orders for clients and groups. Works with Conference Service team to build sales to group business
* Working with the Director of Retail to plan and conduct sales of slow moving inventory within the shops including end of the year sales to reduce inventory levels during the off season.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Resort Essential Functions:
* Work with Hotel operating systems to include: RTP, Kronos, BirchStreet and Opera
* Attends monthly global managers meetings
* Lead presenter in running monthly Omni Service Training meetings.
* Manages monthly Moments of Service for all staff in assigned shops. Develops this program on an ongoing manner to keep customer service at it s highest level.
* Assist in covering monthly safety committee meetings and/or ambassador meetings
* Attends monthly managers training.
* Previous Retail Management Experience preferred.
* High School Diploma or GED, plus five years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of training, experience and/or education.
* Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
* Must provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
* Must be familiar with the operation of a retail point of sale software system.
* Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Must be attentive to detail.
* Must have the ability to adapt to unexpected situations
* Must be punctual and reliable.
* Must be able to work weekends and holidays, and be flexible with the schedule.
* Must be able to remain calm and portray a friendly demeanor in stressful situations
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: