Retail Sales Associate 8/24/2016
Omni Hotels & Resorts
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Retail Sales Associate will be responsible for greeting guests and showcasing products at the Omni Nashville's upscale boutique retail shop, The Five and Tenn. The Retail Sales Associate performs the role of a shopkeeper, presenting merchandise to customers, assisting with merchandise selection, and facilitating the sales transaction.
* Stocks shelves, counters, tables and similar display fixtures with merchandise in a fashion that maximizes product visibility and promotes sales
* Arranges signage and advertising collateral in an attractive fashion
* Sell merchandise to guests
* Responsible for shop cleanliness, proper displays, placing new merchandise on floor as well as insuring all items are properly tagged and inventory control
* Affix accurate prices to merchandise with stamps, tags, labels and similar methods
* Provides suggestions, information, and similar assistance to customers as requested
* Maintains substantial knowledge of products in assigned store as well as general product knowledge regarding merchandise for sale in other retail outlets on property
* Accurately record sales and other transactions using the point of sale system. Accept payment and make change as necessary following established accounting procedures
* Maintains continuous effort to clean shelves, counters, tables, fixtures, glass and floors
* Maintains awareness to all safety precautions and procedures to ensure a safe atmosphere for guests and employee partners
* Completes daily sales reports for analysis
* Is aware of current monthly sales performance and increases sales per hour and units per transaction as required
* Participates in periodic merchandise inventory as scheduled
* Minimum 1 year in front of house customer service role required, preferably in a hotel, resort or retail environment.
* Previous cash handling experience required.
* Must be able to learn product details and perform sales responsibilities for items offered.
* Ability to clearly and pleasantly communicate both verbally and in writing in English with guests, management and co-workers, both in person and by telephone
* Ability to work cohesively with co-workers both within and outside of your department
* Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to handle stressful situations, while maintaining a calm and welcoming demeanor.
* Excellent customer service and problem solving skills.
* Developed computer proficiencies, MICROS experience a plus.
* Must be able to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
* Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing up to 30 pounds without assistance. Requires bending, kneeling and reaching overhead.
* Stand or walk for an extended period or for an entire work shift.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law. The following link provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting discrimination in employment: