- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Retail Key Holder PT - Folsom, CA
SalonCentric Retail Sales Associate
SalonCentric, a subsidiary of L Or al USA, is the premiere distributor in the United States of salon professional products. Through its hundreds of stores, national field sales force and sub-distribution network, SalonCentric promotes the finest professional beauty brands and educates stylists on the latest products and trends.
The Associate is responsible for greeting and servicing customers, generating sales, maintaining store appearance, merchandising, stocking, cash register operations and opening and closing the store within store operational guidelines.
* Greets and approaches customers promptly and assists them in the selection and purchase of merchandise in accordance with store customer service standards
* Ensure that all sales and return transactions are completed and recorded accurately using proper cash handling procedures per established store policies
* Maintain an awareness and understanding of all product knowledge information, product promotions, upcoming sales and events and advertised products
* Assist with floor moves, merchandising, display and end cap changes, product shelf maintenance and set up for special events and promotions
* Assist in processing and replenishing merchandise including the proper receiving of merchandising and associated check in procedures as well as the monitoring of floor stock
* Maintain store appearance and performs general housekeeping including wiping counters, shelves, windows and restrooms as necessary
* Helps prepare for and participates in periodic cycle counts and physical inventories
* Responsible for opening and/or closing the store making sure that all opening and closing procedures are completed per store procedures to include completing required paperwork, securing the store and making the daily bank deposit
* Performs role within safety guidelines and observes and follows all policies concerning asset protection, merchandising and store operations as directed by management
* Attend all product knowledge trainings, seminars and meetings as required
This job summary is provided as an overview of your job responsibilities. It is not possible to document every detail of a job. We reserve the right to modify, rescind or revise this job summary from time to time, as we deem necessary.
* Must be at least 18 years of age
* Demonstrated customer service skills
* Outstanding communication skills
* Must have basic reading skills to read labels, literature, policy manuals etc.
* Basic math skills and the ability to make change required
* Must be able to work weekends as schedule allows
* Must be able to maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public
* Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs
* Frequent bending, stooping lifting, gripping, twisting and reaching
* Must be able to stand and walk about the store throughout scheduled shift
* Experience in retail or related experience strongly preferred
* Basic knowledge of computers helpful
* Cosmetology license preferred
SalonCentric is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.