Retail Sales Associate - PT Hawaii Kai
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/30/2016
Time Warner Cable
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Type: Part Time
Part-Time (19 hrs/wk) Located in Hawaii Kai.
PURPOSE STATEMENT: The purpose of this position is to sell and promote Time Warner cable television, high-speed, digital phone services and products to potential, new, and existing subscribers in a retail environment. Support big box retail employees to sell and promote Time Warner Cable services and products.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to the Retail Sales Supervisor.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Reports to designated retail store station ( kiosk /display table) in specified time period and solicits orders for new or upgraded cable television, high-speed and mobile internet, and digital phone services.
* Solicits interest in purchasing cable television, internet and digital phone services by verbally and visually presenting services and rates to customers in the store.
* Must be able to travel to assigned sales area/retail assignment
* Utilizes effective sales skills.
* Interacts with Retail management and Sales staff to facilitate customer sign-ups.
* Completes customer orders (OTWC Sales Order Form) and inputs existing TWC offers into the Retail on line sign-up system.
* Weekly sales activity reports based on the Sales Order Forms will be submitted to Sales Manager.
* Meets critical submission deadlines for both orders and reports.
* Utilizes writing skills to manually report field data.
* Utilizes Retail online system to input sales data.
* Utilizes basic knowledge of mathematics.
* Organizes and archives personal sales files.
* Attends all department staff meetings as well as scheduled sales training sessions.
* Utilizes verbal and written communication in order to provide and receive information.
* Organizes material and prepares documents in a timely manner.
* Regular attendance is required.
* Participates in trade shows, special events and/or business networking activities
* On occasion, may also work in the Tele-Sales department.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
HUMAN RELATIONS: Has extensive contact with customers, building security officers, resident managers, and the general public. No supervisory responsibilities.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent required. Broad knowledge of computer and telecommunications. Customer service in a retail environment highly preferred. Stable employment history.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGES AND ABILITIES: Must have persuasive written and verbal communication skills. Must have exceptional verbal and written presentation skills. Ability to retain operational information and execute on high volume of sales. Thorough knowledge of cable, internet, and digital phone products and rates, basic mathematics, city map reading. Able to travel to assigned retail store station.
ENVIRONMENT: Primarily indoors at the retail store.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT USED: Computers, fax machines, laser printers, projection devices and copier machines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: May stand for long periods of time. Must be able to lift and carry 25 pounds or more of marketing brochures and flyers. Typing and reading on a computer. Communicating in-person, by telephone, and written correspondence.
HOURS OF WORK: Probable expanded work days and weekend hours depending on trade show and/or business networking activities.
Rate of Pay: $15.00/hr plus commission.
If you are experiencing any issues with applying for this position. Please do not hesitate to email: firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
More on TWC: Time Warner Cable reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Time Warner Cable is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Current Unemployment Status.
FCC Unit: 4095
Controlling Establishment ID: 00040 - Mililani Akamainui St
Job Code: TWCMSA003 Spec, Retail Sales - PT Nonexempt