Retail Sales Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Peanut Shop of Savannah at Pooler, a division of Smithfield Foods, currently has one PT Sales Associate position available at it's location in the Tanger Outlet. The Sales Associate position is responsible for representing the company brand in all activities at the retail store level. Duties include ensuring all customers have a pleasant experience while shopping at The Peanut Shop by greeting each customer, assisting in their needs, answering questions, describing product features, making recommendations, and pointing out current promotions. Additional duties include maintaining merchandise areas in appearance & stocking, ringing up sales, and other general retail duties.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.
* Ensure customers are well served by greeting & providing assistance in answering product questions, pointing out promotions, & offering ssamples. Assist customer with special orders to include arranging UPS shipping when requested.
* Maintain well-stocked and presentable shelves throughout the entire store; replenish samples when needed.
* Ring up sales in the POS system providing change & receipts as appropriate; stay current with sales prices; process any necessary merchandise returns; participate as needed in end of day closing activities.
* Perform general cleaning tasks as assigned (mop, sweep, vacuum) to include bathrooms, counters, doors, windows, fixtures, kitchen, sampling dishes, & mop sink areas. Remove trash to outside dumpster daily.
* Receive orders on stock day, price & put out on shelves. Keep track of date product is received & check for expiration dates. Take stock inventory as directed.
* Education/Certifications: High school degree or equivalent GED; retail sales experience a plus.
* Behavioral: Qualities required to represent the company brand include friendly, outgoing demeanor, customer-focus, integrity, well groomed & well dressed according to dress code policy. Must be punctual, flexible, able to multi-task & follow direction.
* Technical: Computer knowledge skills required, prior retail experience preferred.
* Skills: Good communication, customer service orientation, patience, initiative, persuasiveness, stress tolerance & high energy level needed. Customer service skills in a retail setting helpful.
* Repetitive lifitng & carrying open boxes up to 40 lbs.
* Standing for periods of extended time, stooping, sitting, bending & reaching up to 75" in height to place or retrieve product from fixtures.
* Gathering trash, breaking down cardboard boxes & walking to dumpster to dispose of trash daily.
* Retail store setting where use of step stool or ladder is necessary on occasion.
* Must be able to navigate in small or tight areas in stockrooms and behind counters.
* In the Savannah and Williamsburg stores, must be able to navigate stairs on the sales floor.