Retail Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2016
END DATE 1/1/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONEverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
The Retail Sales Manager position is responsible for the support and management of a team of outside Retail Loan Originators who are selling EverBank lending products and services to prospective clients. The Retail Sales Manager is responsible for ensuring the team achieves sales goals and maintains compliance with federal, state, investor and company guidelines and policies. In addition, this position requires the sales manager to be a top producing outside sales loan originator. This position is exempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
* Conducts outside sales activates customarily and regularly outside any fixed site including, but not limited to, EverBank's places of business and away from the loan originator's own office or home
* Recruits, hires, coaches, and counsels outside sales loan originators
* This is a producing sales manager position that must maintain a high monthly level of retail loan volume production through outside sales
* Support Branch Manager to identify, plan, organize, and implement outside sales programs and strategies to deliver sales objectives for a designated sales/satellite office
* Evaluate and implement appropriate sales techniques to increase the team's sales volume. Coach sales team to optimize production opportunity. Manage sales activity for consistent results within EverBank production standards. Review and coach sales activities.
* Recommend product or service enhancements to improve customer satisfaction and sales potential. Support sales team to ensure optimum client experience resulting in cross-sold relationships and additional referrals.
* Identify new business sources within the market. Support team to build strategy for capturing business from potential referral sources. Work with the branch manager as needed to ensure the EverBank brand is well represented. Participate in business development activities throughout market.
* Recruit Retail Loan Originators for outside sales team. Identify candidates well suited to represent EverBank with potential to grow our market share. Develop and mentor staff to increase productivity. Responsible for on-boarding experience for new hires.
* Work closely with operations team to ensure a high level of customer service. Help execute defined responsibilities between outside sales team and operations team to ensure the best outcome for the client while maximizing sales potential.
* Perform daily support of the outside sales loan originators on assigned sales team
* Support the presentation of loan products to customers and make sure outside sales loan originators manage their pipeline until loan is funded
* Ensure loans are offered and sourced according to EverBank guidelines for sale in secondary market or for EverBank portfolio
* Ensure each prospective client receives a high level of customer service and follow through
* Manage staff by providing goals, support, oversight, supervision, and training
* Maintain sales at or above production standards as stated in the incentive plan
* Regularly track, maintain, and update accurate records of related outside sales activities within EverBank guidelines
* Review and monitor team's records of related outside sales activities for timely completion, consistency and accuracy and respond to any sales log inquiries from the Quality Control team
* Maintain personal marketing and business plans (subject to EverBank guidelines); marketing efforts made by the associate are for the benefit of the associate as EverBank does not typically provide an internal referral source for the Retail Branch channel
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Strong sales and verbal communication skills with interpersonal skills required.
* Must be able to manage staff, lead sales office initiatives and work well in a team environment
* Knowledge of mortgage/home equity origination processes
* Knowledge of mortgage lending selling techniques and strategies
* Solid working knowledge of retail mortgage loan pricing
* Strong selling skills are necessary, with the ability to convert prospects to customers
* Must be a self-starter and self-motivated to meet job expectations and sales goals
* Must be able to thrive in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment
* Must be able to make decisive and accurate decisions
* Must have the ability to manage multiple deadlines and priorities
* Possess superior customer service skills
* Ability to use Microsoft Office and the internet effectively
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Two (2) years experience as a broker or loan originator of conforming, FHA/VA, and non-conforming loan products
* Two (2) years current experience supporting a branch and loan originators in the mortgage industry.
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Established sales network with proven ability to self-source new clients and customers through market penetration, referral and MSA programs preferred
* Must be S.A.F.E. Act registered through NMLS
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent