Retail Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 12/11/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAirgas USA, LLC is Now Hiring
Retail Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
Are Safety, Ethics and Excellent Customer Service important to you?
Are you intrigued by supporting customers in aerospace, hospitals, labs, universities, manufacturing, etc?
Are you ready to be part of a passionate and hard-working team eager to drive our business forward?
Discover an exciting Career with Airgas as our Retail Sales Representative!
Airgas USA, LLC, a Fortune 500, $6B organization is planning for continued growth. As the largest distributor of welding, medical and specialty gases and hard goods in the United States, Airgas has the versatility to provide the best solution at the best value, direct to our customers. Bring your competitive drive to Airgas and ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented environment!
The primary purpose of the Representative, Inside Sales will be to handle counter sales. This position is responsible for selling a variety of welding equipment, hard goods, power tools, safety supplies and industrial gases to customers. The Inside Sales Representative is responsible for providing top-notch assistance to customers in selecting the proper gages / tools.
Essential Job Functions:
* All duties and responsibilities shall be performed as set forth in establishedpolicies and procedures
* Adhere to and assure compliance with the Code of Conduct/Handbook, policies and procedures and all applicable rules, regulations and standardspromulgated by Federal, State and other applicable agencies or regulatingbodies
* Maintain a high level of customer service by assisting customers with will call, counter and telephone sales.
* Analyze and expedite customer orders in a timely manner. Meet customerneeds by recommending appropriate products and services
* Enter sales data, quotes or other relevant information into inventory control system
* Assist manager in ordering appropriate merchandise to ensure stock remains at an acceptable level
* Restock store merchandize and maintatin current pricing on all store displays and products
* Seek to expand existing customer base with all products lines
* Prepare and deliver effective sales presentations and proposals to prospective customers
* Identify, monitor and document competitive market activities by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
* Ensure customer inquiries related to accounts receivable billing issues, cylinder balances, order status, time of delivery, etc are properly handled
* Perform other duties as assigned
* Knowledge of proper customer relationship and customer service practies
* Ability to multi-task in a high volume setting
* Strong analytical and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and perform fraction to decimalconversions
* Team player attitude with ability to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
* Be punctual and comply with work schedule
* Strong understanding of word, excel, outlook and inventory control systems; SAP knowledge preferred
* Must be able to work overtime and on-call when necessary
* Bi-lingual in Spanish is required
Education, Experiences, Certificates/ Licenses and/or Registrations:
* High School Diploma or equivalent; Two (2) year degree preferred
* Minimum two (2) years experience with customer service and/or salseexperience.
* Knowledge in welding, gases, industrial, safety supply sales preferred.
* Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred but not required
Work Environment and Safety Equipment Required:
While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to sit for long periods and stand to perform work. The associate is required to reach with hands and arms, smell, talk or hear. The associate must be able to lift,push, pull or move up to thirty (50) pounds or more with assistance. Specificvision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheralvision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment isusually moderate to noisy and the associate may be exposed to extremeweather. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hearing protection must be worn in designated areas.
* Fully enclosed shoes or safety shoes must we worn in designated areas.
* Safety glasses must be worn in designated areas.
* Must use other Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required.
Airgas offers a full benefits package includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick, Paid Holidays, 401(k) Retirement Plan with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...
What do our Team Members have to say?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability