Retail Sales Service Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $4 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're excited by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
* Facilitate the sale and flow of GAF products through big box retail home improvement accounts
* Manage a team of retail Sales Service Representatives calling on big box retailers
* Develop and maintain close working relationships with big box retail regional managers as well as key store personnel, pro desk and store associates
* Implement GAF product and set integrity in stores, provide feedback on market conditions, insure proper inventory levels, maintenance of product categories and provide training to retail associates
* Travel with Sales Services Representatives to stores to supervise/inspect/insure compliance with directives
* Service and manage residential and commercial roofing product category within the retail channel
* Establish and develop relationships with big box retail stores and district management
* Maintenance of the retail SKU/store set's within the frame work of the retailer's reporting systems
* Maintain ongoing contact with GAF field sales team to keep abreast of general regional activity and market conditions
* Manage the RC Budget/Expenses
* Perform other duties as assigned .
* BA/BS degree (marketing/business preferred)
* 3+ years outside sales experience or equivalent relevant exp erience
* Intermediate proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite
* Intermediate understanding of commercial roofing and/or coatings products
* Strong knowledge of industries, process and systems
* Previous experience managing a team is preferred
* Recommended roofing/commercial/coatings based experience
* Retail experience preferred (not required)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S., without current or future requirement for sponsorship of an employment-based visa status.
Recruiting agency submissions will not be considered.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.