Retail Store Assistant Manager - Salem, NH
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/17/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title: Assistant Store Manager
Supervisor Title: Store Manager
Location: Within assigned store
The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service, and development of team members as well as merchandising and inventory control.
* Develop, coach and train a staff of 1-5 team members.
* Direct, train and supervise store team members in maintaining the highest level of presentation and visual standards consistent with the SalonCentric brand.
* Creates a hands-on supervision environment that emphasizes sales floor management, customer service and sales generation.
* Effectively communicate and enforce company policy and procedures.
* With direction from Store Manager maintain sales and labor goals with effective and exceptional customer service, merchandising and team member management.
* Conduct cycle counts when needed or advised.
* Assist customers daily with product knowledge.
* Ring purchases for customers throughout the scheduled shift.
* Expediting shipments inclusive of replenishing stock on sales floor.
* Insure store cleanliness and organization.
* Makes daily bank deposits and/or insures they are deposited per company policy.
* Create weekly and bi-weekly schedules.
* Ensure protection of company assets by meeting or exceeding established shrinkage goals within the district.
* Attend and participate in sales and management training meetings and events as directed by management.
Experience and Competencies
* 1 to 2 years of retail management experience
* High School degree or GED is required.
* Ability to stand more than 90% of scheduled shift.
* Ability to lift 20lbs or more throughout the scheduled shift.
* Reliable transportation to insure bank deposits are delivered within company guidelines.
* Demonstrated success in achieving selling and operational excellence by hiring, leading, motivating and developing effective store team members.
* Highly resourceful, flexible and ability to solve problems in a timely manner.
* Ability to operate a computerized cash register system, prior experience with SAP a plus.
* Self-directed with excellent organizational and time management skills.
* Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
* Excellent organizational and project management skills.
* Cosmetology license is a plus.