Retail Store Manager - Green Bay, WI
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Gordon Food Service
Green Bay, WI
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 100 years, Gordon Food Service has been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As the largest family-owned foodservice distributor in North America, our family-owned company has a long history of pursing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
Gordon Food Service (GFS) Marketplace, the retail division of Gordon Food Service, first opened in 1979. Committed to serving the needs of our communities, GFS Marketplace is open to the public, and does not charge a membership fee. Now, with over 170 stores, we are rapidly growing throughout the Midwest and Florida. Our stores are the primary supplier for many small foodservice operators, including restaurants, churches, day care providers and other small businesses. We also assist our customers with their home and event-planning needs.
The continued growth of current and new markets allows for the addition of new talent to join our team. We re seeking great people looking for professional and personal growth and a place to make a difference in people s lives. If you are interested in joining an innovative, supportive, values-driven company, we invite you to consider a career with Gordon Food Service.
Are you looking for a new opportunity with a strong, stable and financially smart company? Do you want the opportunity for advancement in your career? If so, then Gordon Food Service is the place for you. For more than a century we have been honoring our promises to our customers and employees. As one of the largest privately held foodservice distributors in North America, our family-owned company has a history of pursuing innovative ideas and building strong relationships.
As a Store Manager you will create a team atmosphere where the Gordon Food Service (GFS) values and philosophies flourish to help build and drive sales through the customer is king mentality. You will assume accountability for all facets of GFS Marketplace store operations and ensure that the GFS Marketplace vision of providing superior customer service and restaurant quality foodservice product is achieved. The Store Manager also focuses on sales, as well as development of the management and sales associate team, ensuring that policies, procedures, facilities, and overall store operations are consistently maintained.
Additional Responsibilities will include:
* Provide hands-on leadership style, setting excellent work ethic example, a sense of urgency, and a positive attitude for assistant managers and sales associates.
* Manage the monthly Profit and Loss (P&L) and assist in the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) budgeting process. Take appropriate action and develop plans for performance improvements. Responsible for meeting and exceeding all financial indicators including sales, labor, margin, general expenses, and bottom line profit.
* Interview, hire, orient, train, and retain staff.
* Conduct performance monitoring of staff, personnel evaluations, initiating follow-through with disciplinary action and termination in consultation with Human Resources and District Manager when appropriate.
* Assist in developing capital and operational budget for the store.
* Provide the store management team with day-to-day direction including schedules, store priorities, leading manager meetings, and supporting the team with the execution and follow up of operations, sales and service, and merchandising programs in the store.
* Promote a store culture that focuses on driving sales through outside sales call efforts and creates a strong, in-store sales culture.
* Adhere to and support all policies and procedures of GFS.
* Manage the maintenance and upkeep of the store.
* Taking on other duties as needed.
* High school diploma, Bachelor s degree in business or related field preferred
* Minimum of 2 years experience as a Store Manager or General Manager in retail, grocery or foodservice
* Proficiency with spreadsheet, word processing, email and Internet programs
* Excellent customer service, organizational, public speaking and written/verbal communication skills
* Strong problem-solving, leadership and multitasking abilities
* Talent for driving sales with a "Customer is King" focus
What we offer our employees at Gordon Food Service:
* Well-defined career opportunities within our retail stores
* Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance
* Competitive compensation, including bonus opportunities
* Time off benefits
* Matching 401k program
* Profit sharing
* Tuition reimbursement
* Team-oriented, fun working environment
* Employee discounts
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
GFS Marketplace is a drug free workplace and drug tests all employees.
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco free.