Retail Store Manager (Niagara Falls, NY) 9/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Overview:
PUMA is one of the world s leading Sports Brands that designs and develops footwear, apparel and accessories. It starts in sport and ends in fashion. PUMA offers performance and sport-inspired lifestyle products in categories such as Football, Running, Training, Fitness, Golf and Motorsports.
We are committed to working in ways that contribute to the world by supporting creativity, sustainability and peace, and by staying true to the principles of being fair, honest, positive and creative in decisions made and actions taken.
Would you like working in a fast pace and multicultural environment* Then PUMA is the right place to be! Become a member of our successful Retail team based in Niagara Falls, NY.
We are currently looking for a Retail Store Manager. The Retail Store Manager strategically manage and promote sales culture within a Retail Store to achieve or exceed sales, KPIs, and profitability goals to position PUMA as the most desirable and sustainable sportlifestyle brand in the world.
Essential Functions: The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
* Directly responsible for ensuring the Store consistently achieves or exceeds sales, KPIs and profitability goals through the effective use of short and long term planning and expense control
* Guarantee consistent high standards of customer experience within the Store in accordance with PUMA s core values and service standards
* Responsible for recruitment, training, development and succession of high performing, results driven Associates
* Responsible for understanding and maintaining own level of Product Knowledge as well as directly responsible for Store(s) Associate s level of Product Knowledge and the ability to communicate it to customers in keeping with the Be NICE program
* Accountable for payroll control and service driven scheduling in order to maintain a highly profitable location while maintaining the highest levels of service to customers
* Directly responsible for ensuring that all training programs, both Domestic and International, are fully implemented, functional and result driven within the Store
* Analyze customer profiles, buying trends, and competitive information to impact and drive business
* Achieve or exceed all Inventory and Shrink goals; oversee and manage bi-annual Physical Inventory
* Directly responsible for execution and processing of merchandise both incoming and outgoing (Transfers, ASNs)
* Implement, manage and monitor Loss Prevention education, training and awareness programs
* Directly responsible for Loss Prevention compliance within store
* Manage and communicate merchandise opportunities to Area or District Manager
* Communicate, manage and execute all Marketing opportunities and events within budget and according to all Policies & Procedures
* Develop and maintain strong communication with Brand Advocate
* Participate in new store openings and/or store closings; travel may be required
* Attends Store Manager Meetings as well as all offsite training and position related meetings as required by supervisor; travel may be required
* Ensure execution and maintenance of all Visual Directives as well as guaranteeing the visual presentation of the Store always meets or exceeds PUMA standards
* Maintain physical condition of Store according to Facility Department guidelines and communicate maintenance needs in a timely manner
* Required to comply with all operational core competencies and key accountabilities
* Execute all requirements concerning OSHA to maintain a safe and compliant working atmosphere for all Store Associates
* Required to work non-traditional hours; weekends, evenings, holidays; overtime may be required
* Represent the brand and utilize the PUMA 4Keys (Fair, Honest, Positive, Creative) in all decisions, actions, processes and practices
Qualifications: Two to four years of management experience in a focused, customer service oriented retail environment (preferably apparel/footwear) with results driven track record. Proven ability to exceed sales while meeting payroll goals, demonstrated ability to identify, hire, train, develop and retain top talent as well teams, ability to reason through complex issues, demonstrates effective communication, ability to present information to large groups
Physical Requirements: The ability to constantly walk and move about is required. This role involves frequent stationary standing, reaching, bending/twisting of head and neck, and maintaining balance while walking and using ladder/step stool equipment, along with occasional kneeling, crouching, climbing, bending/stooping at waist/torso and sitting to assist customers and maintain the store and stock area. The Store Manager is required to occasionally push/pull equipment such as shelving bays, dollies, carts and racks with up to 20 lbs. of force and lift/carry/place boxes and product up to 30 lbs. in weight at heights up to 131 while using a ladder. Use of the following senses are critical to this position: talking/speaking, hearing, near and far acuity, depth perception and field of vision. Cognitive factors critical to the Store Manager function are: reading comprehension, basic math/calculations, writing, complex problem solving and computer work. Environmental factors are operation of foot controls for operating moving stock shelving bays and exposure to working at heights.
If you are a flexible, open-minded and dedicated individual, PUMA offers interesting opportunities not only in an exciting and challenging industry, but also an enjoyable and open working atmosphere.
If you have the drive and commitment to work in the dynamic and demanding PUMA environment, please submit your online application (including your resume with your possible start date and salary expectations).
PUMA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of PUMA to prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For additional information please email: Recruiter-Westford@puma.com.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.