Retail Store Manager - Washington DC (3715)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONResponsibilities:At Office Depot and Office Max, the Store Manager has ownership and drives the overall customer and sales service culture within the location. Has accountability for managing sales performance and identifying sales opportunities. Develops overall store strategies and tactics to achieve sales, service and operational performance goals. Ensure maximum sales and profitability by focusing on key business initiatives.Owns associate training, development of top talent, provides positive and constructive feedback, and appropriate coaching and counseling. This person will lead, motivate and inspire associates to create a customer-centric environment resulting in a memorable and positive customer experience; building customer retention, strong relationships, and brand awareness and loyalty.Responsible for hiring; merchandising, operations and execution of store and company standards in addition to resolving associate and customer relations' concerns. Responsible for performance management of all associates. Also, participates in networking and creating positive relationships within the community. Act as a Change Champion, initiating and supporting change.
* Leads, coaches and motivates associates, while creating a culture that builds trust, brand loyalty and exceptional service delivery. Creates and manages a sales focused environment through the training and development of associates at all levels. Accountable for the assessment and development of all talent within the store. Partner with Talent Management Team to successfully manage the rotational program at the Associate Manager level.
* Deliver exceptional customer service by observing, listening, interacting and following up with customers to ensure satisfaction and issue resolution. Ensures the implementation and effective application of information, tools and systems required to meet customer needs.
* Responsible for managing performance, talent assessment, development and recognition of all associates. Manages the performance appraisal process by delivering timely and valuable developmental feedback and reviews to all associates. Supports an environment that encourages creative thinking and risk taking. Provides direction, coaching, and real time counsel related to all associate performance issues. Manages conflict effectively.
* Responsible and accountable for increasing sales and profitability. ,. Responsible for managing and planning staffing needs using the scheduling and labor model appropriately.
* Manages inventory/inventory levels, assets and expenses within the store by applying financial controls and routinely reviewing all operational processes including receiving, data entry, cash handling, and payroll control. Also responsible for managing merchandise flow-through and replenishment processes. Qualifications:The ideal Store Manager candidate will have an Bachelor's Degree and/or a minimum of4 years of exceptional leadership, management, communication and training skills in a customer centric sales environment. Store Managers work a varied work schedule as business dictates so time management skills are a definite plus.
* Must be able to effectively lead, coach and manage others in a professional environment
* Ability to positively influence at all levels and possess executive presence
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to plan, prioritize and execute detailed instructions in a timely and efficient manner
* Demonstrated leadership capabilities, with the ability to work independently, as well as with others
* Must possess sound judgment and people management abilities
* Must be adaptable to a changing environment and able to consistently achieve goals despite stress and ambiguity
* Must possess the ability to use computers and technology for information, and to access information necessary to complete the job
* Must possess ability to process information/merchandise through POS register system Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, excellent benefits packages, which includes a 401(k) and more, best-In-class office products & services, as well as comprehensive development programs. We are an innovative, high-performance company.Working in our stores provides you with unlimited possibilities to start or expand your career.For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status, gender identify or expression, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .