Retirement Actuarial Student- Washington, D. C.
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A RETIREMENT ACTUARIAL STUDENT
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Retirement & Consulting business group within Aon Hewitt in Washington, D. C
YOUR IMPACT AS A RETIREMENT ACTUARIAL STUDENT
* Pass actuarial exams (minimal requirement of one course per year)
* Complete work assignments accurately and on time
* Develop rapport with staff-level client contacts and administrators
* Direct client questions to the appropriate team member as needed
* Use initiative to complete repeat work with little direction
* Validate and reconcile participant/member data
* Develop strong use of computer systems (e.g. valuation systems and spreadsheets)
* Update valuation runs for minor changes
* Perform basic pension benefit calculations
* Demonstrate flexibility to work additional hours on occasion when client needs dictate
* Draft basic responses to client queries
* Strong proofreading skills
* With supervision, provide assistance to others on all basic and some more complex pensions related work (specific examples are set out in the Technical Competency/Skills Required section below)
* Completes some work through others (i.e. delegating)
* Adheres to the firm's standards and procedures for quality control (e.g. information storage systems, quality control procedures
* Academic background in or aptitude for Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Economics or Statistics
* Generally, 1-3 years of actuarial work experience
* Completion of 1 or more exams
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
CANADA: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420045
LOCATION: United States, DC, Washington