Retirement Administration Consultant - St. Louis or Clayton, MO or Virtual location
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
AON IS LOOKING FOR A RETIREMENT ADMINISTRATION CONSULTANT
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Retirement and Investment Consulting business group within our Aon Hewitt St. Louis, MO or Clayton, MO offices or virtually
YOUR IMPACT AS A RETIREMENT CONSULTANT
BENEFIT CALCULATIONS AND HISTORICAL DATA LOOK UPS -
* Calculation/review of qualified benefits under a wide variety of benefit formulas and scenarios (e.g. late retirement actuarial increases, employee contributions, bifurcation of benefits under benefit restrictions, rehired retiree adjustments, QDRO)
* Calculation/review of non-qualified benefits, including 409A considerations, FICA calculations, and special agreements
* Look up/analyze historical data to answer questions from client/administrator
* Take ownership of issues
* Manage projects
* Final sign off on benefits administration-related special projects, including issue management, change control projects, and client acceptance testing
Plan Compliance -
* Prepare/review SMM's and update SPD's as needed
* Prepare/review plan amendments as needed
Consult With Clients -
* Draft emails summarizing results of benefit calculation review or data projects
* Technical leadership, significant role in conference calls and client meetings
* Proactive in initiating and leading discussions
* Maintain current knowledge of client specific plan provisions and administrative interpretations
* Demonstrate flexibility to work additional hours when client needs dictate
Develop And Coach Other Associates / Support Quality Control Initiatives -
* Leverage technical knowledge to other team members
* Train and coach associates to perform benefit calculations
* Update and improve training materials, calculation tools, processes
* Ensure team follows through
* Coordinate with actuarial team to ensure data and/or calculation issues are managed in the actuarial valuations / financial reporting
* Provide honest, specific and timely feedback on an ongoing basis
* Undergraduate degree
* Generally 6+ years relevant work experience, preferably in an actuarial role
* Demonstrated proficiency in using computer systems and programs
* Knowledge of ERISA and Defined Benefit plans/administration
* Ability to understand and interpret DB plan documents, SPD's, and plan rules summaries
* Ability to perform/review complex benefit calculations in Excel
* Ability to work within tight deadlines, keep projects moving, communicate issues
* Ability to communicate on technical topics with clients
* Strong attention to detail
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
UNITED STATES: Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
CANADA: Aon is committed to a diverse workforce as an Employment Equity employer (Women, People with Disabilities, Aboriginal Peoples, and Visible Minorities).
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2420039
LOCATION: United States, MO, Clayton