Return to Work Specialist 9/3/2016
Lake Mary, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY POSITION: Return to Work Specialist
LOCATION: Lake Mary, FL 32746
DURATION:12 months contract to hire
Return To Work Specialist
PRIMARY PURPOSE: To negotiate, facilitate and monitor successful return to work of claimants within appropriate disability duration guidelines; to determine specific physical tolerances and vocational skills required for specific employment positions as requested by referral sources or employers; to assist case management staff with client competence decisions for individual positions; to contact employers to gather specific job site/employment information and prepare related reports documenting results; to assist with job site modification and/or obtaining adaptive equipment necessary; and to ensure medical, legal and accreditation standards are maintained.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Determines objective, quantifiable, medically supported work restrictions for assigned claims.
* Facilitates return-to-work (RTW) efforts through negotiation with client, treatment provider and claimant; completes all vocational/RTW related jurisdictional or client directed documentation, notification or reporting; documents client contact in claim notes as per Sedgwick CMS standards; and assists case management staff in making decisions regarding client's competence for specific position.
* Adheres to medical and legal regulations and accreditation standards in written communication.
* Develops contacts with company managers to introduce program; represents client.
* Contacts employers to determine specific information regarding employment area (i.e. training/education needed, physical demands, wages and benefits, availability, etc); ascertains the specific physical tolerances and vocational skills needed for specific employment positions as requested by referral sources or employers; assists in modifying job sites or obtaining necessary adaptive equipment as needed; and communicates with co-workers regarding specific employment areas to apprise them of labor trends.
* Maintains regular contact with clients following placement, as per program guidelines; contacts involved individuals regarding progress on each case and makes suggestions as needed for changing rehabilitation plans.
* Works closely with team members to ensure smooth transition from medical case management into job placement.
* Prepares reports to document research results.
* Performs other tasks related to vocational evaluation and work adjustment training as needed.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Supports the organization's quality program(s).
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree preferred. Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC) designation preferred.
Four (4) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required, including one (1) year of return-to-work or job accommodation experience OR four (4) years of claims management experience.
Skills & Knowledge
* Good working knowledge of return-to work or job accommodation procedures
* Good technical knowledge of claims management procedures
* Excellent oral and written communications, including presentation skills
* PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
* Analytical and interpretive skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal
* Excellent negotiation skills
* Ability to work in a team environment
* Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies