This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
The Advisory Board Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title:
Finance and Accounting
General & Administrative Operations
Share | |Email this job
REVENUE ACCOUNTANT *LI
Royall & Company
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
Reporting to the Financial Reporting Manager, the Revenue Accountant will participate in several key finance functions including the appropriate accounting of revenues, analytical reviews and internal reporting.
- Review customer arrangements and contracts to conclude the appropriate revenue recognition treatment and to identify any issues
- Assist in transition and implementation to the new revenue recognition standard (ASC 606)
- Review program revenue to ensure accurate recognition in accordance with previously concluded guidance
- Audit contract bookings in the Company s CRM system for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare various monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue reports for management review as needed
- Assist sales, legal, and pricing teams in structuring and negotiating deals in order to ensure proper revenue recognition
- Stay current on GAAP standards related to revenues, in order to appropriately apply the Company s revenue recognition policies
- Prepare monthly accruals and deferrals related to revenues and cost of sales
- Interface with internal and external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Bachelor s Degree in Accounting
- 2+ years of work experience
- Able to think clearly and reach well founded conclusions and articulate ideas crisply and concisely
- Experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheet and database applications
- Discretion with sensitive materials
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Public accounting work experience
- Professional certification (CPA)
- Experience with CRM or ERP systems
- Experience with revenue recognition in a multiple-element arrangement environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities
- Desire to work in a team environment
- High level of commitment and integrity
ABOUT THE ADVISORY BOARD COMPANY:
The Advisory Board Company is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 5,500+ health care organizations and educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, The Advisory Board Company forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisoryboardcompany.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.