Revenue Accounting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Olin Chlor Alkali Products
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Olin Corporation Chlor-Alkali Products & Vinyls Division has an opportunity for a Revenue Accounting Manager. This position can be located in Charleston TN, Houston, TX or Downers Grove, IL. Revenue Accounting Manager is responsible to ensure accounting activity recorded within the company's records and books are accurate and complete. In addition, this role mentors and assists other accounting staff with technical and practical expertise, and assists the function/business management teams in financial analysis necessary for decision making.
Responsible to ensure Revenue accounting activity recorded within the company's books and records are accurate and complete. Monitor adherence to the company's accounting policy and to U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), including Revenue Recognition requirements. Ensure that internal management reporting of sales information is accurate and meaningful. Assist the function/ business management teams in financial analysis necessary for decision making. Be a key resource coaching cost accounting colleagues in technical and practical matters to assure efficient and effective day to day operations, in addition to selected hands on Revenue Accounting activities.
* Manage the Revenue accounting process
* Ensure the quality of internal management reporting
* Manage compliance with internal controls and SOX requirements
* Provide support to internal and external audits
* Mentor and advise other accounting staff
* Balance Sheet Account analysis and reconciliations
* Provide financial support to business and functional partners
* Good understanding of US GAAP requirements
* Demonstrated technical accounting ability through greater than ten years of directly applicable experience
* SME delivering quality results/solutions. Makes decisions with the mindset of a business owner
* Must be accountable for decisions and actions
* Strong coaching and interpersonal skills
* Excellent knowledge of work processes, ERP system, and other accounting and planning computer applications
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access
* Good analytical skills
* Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
* Strong communication skills
* CPA with Public Accounting experience
* Strong foundation in SAP/ECC accounting system and processes
* Ability to quickly learn the organizational structure and to collaborate with colleagues (functional and business)
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting or closely related subject