Revenue Accounting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Content Management Company
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONGlobal Technology Company is looking for a strong Revenue Manager for their growing Corporate Accounting Group.
This position will be responsible for providing revenue recognition guidance on new contracts, finalizing and booking the appropriate revenue treatment on closed deals, and providing revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP, SEC requirements, SOX and financial policies. A key focus will be supporting the growing Financing business to help create strong processes to ensure financial accounting compliance.
* This position is responsible for all monthly/quarterly/yearly close process' as it relates to revenue and receivables
* Review customer arrangements for proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and revenue recognition accounting standards, book journals to ensure the appropriate revenue and cost treatments
* Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures related to the Financing business in order to streamline foundational functions
* Perform product and service revenue related balance sheet account reconciliations and consolidations
* Provide support and assistance in determining proper accounting for service revenue including new service introduction
* Be a global partner with subject matter expertise in revenue and work diligently on finding solutions to critical issues.
* Research and write technical revenue accounting memos that addresses the issue, and provide analysis and conclusions related to various customer arrangements
* Ensure the integrity of key processes by understanding systems, flow of transactions, internal controls and recommending efficiency and effectiveness improvements.
* Stay current on new revenue accounting rules and help develop appropriate policies and processes
* Provide supporting documentation for the quarterly and annual revenue audits.
* Act as a liaison between the external auditors and the Revenue team
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA or similar preferred.
* At least 3-5years of professional experience including high-technology industry experience on revenue recognition.
* Combination of public company and public accounting experience.
* Strong communication skills
* Able to work in a fast paced environment and comply with tight deadlines
* Experience with Oracle is preferred and strong Excel (mandatory)