Revenue Accounting Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
At JDA, we re fearless leaders. We re the leading provider of end-to-end, integrated retail, omni-channel and supply chain planning and execution solutions for more than 4,000 customers worldwide. Our unique solutions empower our clients to reduce costs, increase profitability and improve collaboration so they can deliver on their customer promises every time. Using JDA, you can plan to deliver. www.jda.com
Revenue Accounting Manager
The Revenue Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing the Project Accounting Revenue team. They will approve and review revenue recognition entries, general ledger reconciliations, and journal entries. Be involved in creating, updating and enforcing SOX controls. Assist in the quarterly audits. Work with other departments regarding revenue recognition questions. Special projects & system updates as needed.
* Manage the project accounting revenue team - includes but not limited to biweekly development meetings, goal setting, questions, administrative duties, training, mentoring
* Daily and monthly responsibilities include reviewing and approving the teams billing and revenue schedules in the Workday system, reviewing and posting journal entry accruals and re-classes, reviewing and certifying monthly deferred reconciliations
* Ensure revenue accounting activity recorded within the company's books are recorded accurately, timely and complete, according to the company's revenue recognition policy
* This individual will be responsible for the application of U.S. generally accepted accounting standards to these items, including standards governing long-term contract accounting
* Manage compliance with internal controls and SOX requirements
* Provide support to internal and external audits
* Participate in various special projects involving our enterprise accounting and reporting system and our time and expense project billing application
* Evaluate current processes and or procedures and make recommendations that improve efficiencies.
* Interact cross-functionally within the accounting department and act as the primary point of contact for other departments.
* Bachelor s Degree required, preferably in Accounting
* CPA certification highly desired
* 2+ years of experience in revenue accounting
* Experience working in an audit function desired
* Proficient with Microsoft Office products, strong knowledge of Excel preferred
* Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
Join the conversation online by connecting with us on Twitter @JDASoftware @JDACareers and Facebook (http://bit.ly/9s2DVE). Also, check out JDA's blog - Supply Chain Nation - the platform for supply chain trends and innovations at http://blog.jda.com.
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States
JDA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.