Revenue Analyst 8/27/2016
Woodland Hills, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Full Circle Resources is seeking a revenue analyst for a full-time role in the West San Fernando Valley for a large, publicly-held company with worldwide operations. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate critical thinking skills to resolve complex problems or analyses, independently and perform tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
* Manage the Deal Desk - work with sales and others in the company to analyze the commercial and financial characteristics of sales arrangements and review, research and approve non-standard requests submitted to the deal desk.
* Review of contracts to identify, document and address revenue recognition impacting terms and conditions.
* Manage and communicate with the rest of the organization the Deal Desk mission, guidelines, best practices and business processes.
* Review and document complex, multi-element sales arrangements to support compliance with applicable authoritative literature and company policy - providing revenue recognition conclusions and communicating the impact of those conclusions for proper accounting and to relevant internal parties.
* Researching and preparing written technical accounting policies and positions on an as-needed basis.
* Working closely with internal and external auditors to support the external and SOX audits by providing supporting audit schedules and evidence, responding to audit inquiries and preparing quarterly audit confirmations for revenue transactions.
* Actively participate and coordinate with the revenue team on the month-end and quarter-end close, assist with the implementation of the new revenue standard (ASC 606) and other projects, as identified.
* Design, implement, document, manage and execute certain key controls.
* Bachelor's degree in accounting or related major preferred
* 2 - 4years of accounting experience, preferably some experience in public accounting (audit)
* CPA preferred
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills to enable informed decision making
* Detail oriented, energetic professional who is a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to successfully multi-task in a fast paced environment with a high sense of urgency
* Revenue recognition knowledge of ASC 985-605, ASC 605 desirable, but not required
* Experience with intermediate Microsoft Excel skills and MS Access experience a plus. Must have ability to manipulate and digest large amounts of data.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Full Circle Resources is a boutique staffing firm which focuses on specialized areas in finance and accounting for contract, project-based and direct hire positions.