Revenue Integrity Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
Einstein Healthcare Network
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK IS A PRIVATE, NOT FOR PROFIT ORGANIZATION WITH SEVERAL MAJOR FACILITIES AND MANY OUTPATIENT CENTERS. OUR PRIMARY MISSION IS TO PROVIDE COMPASSIONATE, HIGH QUALITY HEALTHCARE TO THE GREATER PHILADELPHIA REGION. EINSTEIN HEALTHCARE NETWORK PROMOTES WELLNESS. RESEARCH HAS SHOWN THAT SMOKING IS DANGEROUS TO THE HEALTH OF SMOKERS AND TO OTHERS. EINSTEIN CAMPUSES ARE TOBACCO AND SMOKE FREE.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Accountable for analyzing denial and bill edit information to identify trends and root cause issues, and reducing denial write offs. Reviewing bill edit and denial information.
* Knowledgeable of ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes, continuously staying abreast of industry updates. Stay current with Medicare and Medicaid regulations.
* Coordinates with clinic leadership to develop action plans to address bill edit / denial root cause issues, implement process improvements, and train staff to mitigate errors
* Communicate regular revenue reporting to leadership (both face to face and through reporting packages)
* Continuously works with Professional Fee Billing resources to understand preventable root causes they have identified in their daily work, and takes action to resolve them
* Proficient in computer software applications used within the professional fee billing department (IDX/GE Flowcast, RCx Rules, Cerner, Microsoft Office, etc.)
IF YOU POSSESS THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS, PLEASE APPLY IMMEDIATELY:
* Bachelors degree required
* Progressive career in a patient financial services role will be given strong consideration
* 5+ years Professional Fee billing experience and 1+ year of credentialing registration experience preferred, IDX / GE Flowcast software experience preferred
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and have excellent communication and presentation skills
* Required knowledge of ICD9 and ICD10 coding requirements
* Travel to hospital and clinic locations to meet with administrative personnel, managers and staff required. Due to occasional travelling with HIPPA covered material to meetings, private secured transportation (i.e., personal car) required
* HFMA or MGMA certification preferred
* Must be credentialed (HFMA, or other relevant credential) or able to complete within first year of employment
* Physical Requirements: Constant data entry, light lifting, bending and pulling of files
* Visual Requirements: Extensive exposure to VDTs
* Hearing Requirements: Constant telephone communication and ability to hear normal conversation
* Working Conditions: Office Setting
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.