This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Pandora Media Inc.
* Participate in the deal review process from a finance perspective for all IOs, reseller agreements, partnerships and any other revenue-generating events.
* Partner with Sales, Business Development and Legal in the Central Region to ensure that new arrangements, projects or partnerships maintain compliance with the Company's revenue recognition policy and achieve the best interests of the Company.
* Document non-standard and judgmental contractual items in memos for review by Finance management.
* Review and maintain Pandora's revenue policy. Continually update policy for new accounting pronouncements and developments.
* Assist in calculating revenue to be recognized on multiple element arrangements under ASC 605-25 and the upcoming ASC 606 revenue guidance.
* Ensure all revenue recognized meets revenue criteria consistent with ASC 605 and ASC 606.
* Participate in the financial statement close process by preparing journal entries, reconciliations or other analysis as requested.
* Collaborate with external auditors to explain key new arrangements and to determine the proper accounting for the items.
* Help maintain the revenue recognition policy for changes in the business or for new product lines, and keep management updated of any new policies or projects.
* Partner with various departments to design system enhancements, process changes, and other improvements in order to achieve scalability and to support new business initiatives.
* Ensure revenue recognition processes are SOX compliant.
* Assist in various initiatives such as international expansion and the adoption of new accounting guidance.
* Train the billing team on issues identified and share knowledge of how to avoid errors in future periods.
* Lead trainings on key revenue recognition requirements for finance partners.
* Assist with special projects needed by Management.
* Supervise junior staff as necessary.
* CPA required
* Must have significant hands on experience working with GAAP multi-element revenue recognition accounting standards
* Experience with Big 4 accounting firms preferred
* Experience in digital or radio based media highly valued
* Demonstrated success with process improvement initiatives required
* Accounting or Finance degree from 4 year college or university
* Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
* Masterful Excel skills
* A solutions-oriented team player who enjoys a dynamic work environment
* Strong organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
Pandora is committed to diversity in its workforce. Pandora is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants without regard to gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, veteran or disability status. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply.
Pandora is also a VEVRAA federal contractor. Pandora requests priority referrals of protected veterans from each ESDS, as required by regulation.
If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com