Revenue Operations Manager 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REVENUE OPERATIONS MANAGER
To apply for this position, please visit the link below. You will be re-routed to the Abt Associates career portal.
Our Finance Department--comprised of over 50 dedicated employees--is committed to facilitating the achievement of the Company's objectives by providing exceptional financial and administrative expertise and service to our clients. Our organization encompasses Accounting, International Accounting, Internal Audit, Compliance, Treasury Services, Financial Analysis, Corporate Services, and Retirement Management.
Abt Associates seeks a qualified Manager, Revenue Operations to support the Finance Department. The Manager, Revenue Operations plays a critical role in the revenue cycle of the company and is responsible for assisting with all aspects of billing, compliance with billing and collections policies and the management of client inventories as they relate to NICRA rate adjustments. In this hands-on role, Manager, Revenue Operations will work closely with Director, Billing and Collections and with billing and collection counterparts to identify and implement world class processes that will ensure bills are completed in a timely and accurate manner and that client balances are paid on time.
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Manages the application of indirect rate true-ups
* Ensures the proper application of indirect rates across applicable projects
* Ensures proper revenue recognition of indirect rate changes and serves as the final revenue review of contracts
* Ensures incurred cost reconciliations are done and applied properly to the rate schedule
* Leads the preparation of indirect rate invoices and applicablesystementries
* Prepares final invoice or voucher and related closeout documents
* Researches, implements and maintains industry best practices
* Ensures team members maintain expertise with respect to industry practices and the application of technology to billing and collection processes
* Maintains a thorough understanding of the needs of our customers both internal and external
* Develops and manage relationships across teams and with company management to ensure a mutual understanding of an appropriate balance between those needs and the requirements of finance
* Documents key policies and business practices
* Streamlines as appropriate
* Ensures consistent and timely compliance amongst all team members
* Ensure all rate adjustment bills are issued timely, accurately and efficiently
* Prepares complex invoices to clients including review of contract terms and conditions and the gathering of all supporting schedules
* Prepares reconciliation to the accounting system
* Use best practices to create, present and distribute client bills
* Ensures that client and company preferences are appropriately balanced
* Maintains a thorough knowledge of client payment terms and billing requirements
* Proactively manage compliance with billing and collection policies
* Assists with the project activation process and understands and interprets contract brief and contract documentation
* Works with multiple contract types such as cost reimbursable, time and material and firm fixed price
* Manages thecontractassignment, release and certification process
* Ensures internal and external requested closeouts are efficiently processed, including Quick Closeout requests according to FAR 42.708
* Partners with operations and contracts to gather and record information required for closeout of expiring client contracts
* Coordinates closeout package and submission to clients
* Ensures accounting system reflects accurate project status
* Reviews of accounts receivable and unbilled inventory
* Working closely with counterparts, ensure consistent and regular communication around issues and old outstanding balances
* Identifies and escalate problem accounts; work with the appropriate parties to influence timely and effective resolution
* Develops, implements, tracks andreportson key revenue activities related to rate adjustments
* Analyze and report on indirect rate changes
Report on project status
PREFERRED SKILLS / PREREQUISITES
* Possess strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
* Possess effective communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, instilling confidence and projecting professional maturity at all times.
* Proficient at delivering exceptional customer service and capable of interacting successfully with all internal and external company stakeholders.
* Have a track record of identifying and implementing process improvements.
* Have experience with cost reimbursable, time and material and fixed priced contract types.
* Be experienced with Incurred Cost Submission process and knowledge of FAR and NICRA.
* Have expertise with Oracle E-Business Suite (or similar software).
* Possess advanced spreadsheet and database skills (Microsoft Excel, Oraclepreferred)
* Bachelordegree with 8 - 10 years of experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits.