Revenue Supervisor (Consumer) - Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate - Urbandale, IA
Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc - Urbandale, IA
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 50,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of approximately $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 100 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team!
The Controllership revenue team is responsible for revenue related general ledger activity for MUSA, Guy Carpenter, US Consumer, Marsh Canada, MRC and Captives. The Controllership revenue team is also responsible for general ledger reconciliations for the above listed Op-Co s for all revenue related general ledger activity.
As the Revenue Supervisor on our team in Urbandale, you will be responsible for ensuring proper revenue recognition for multiple Op-Co's within the firm.
- Supervise MUSA, Marsh Canada and Captives revenue team
- Ensure that all revenue is recorded in accordance with GAAP.
- Supervise and develop a team of Accountants and Financial Analysts.
- Ensures completion of tasks and assignments by established due dates controlling the quality and consistency of the work.
- Acts as a second level of problem resolution and will also support the Consumer Controller and Financial Planning and Analysis functions.
- Bachelor s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience required.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills to effectively interact with others.
- Effective organizational and time-management skills to handle multiple tasks.
- Detail oriented to ensure accuracy.
- Excellent problem solving skills to resolve departmental issues.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to provide team with a clear sense of direction.
- Ability to manage though change and be a change agent
- Ability to motivate and coach staff in a team environment.
- Effective analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to new systems and navigate through multiple systems without assistance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Occasional travel may be required
- CPA preferred, not required
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension and 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: www.mmc.com.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.