This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
WS Packaging Group Inc.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for reading and understanding job jacket and work instruction information pertaining to a production order before running.
* Sets up rewind machine to cut and rewind specific counts per customer order.
* Runs orders, fills out core labels to identify order, and stacks orders on carts.
* Keeps orders separated by size, city, UPC or plant numbers.
* Checks rolls while running for misprinting; report error to pressman and supervisor.
* Cuts out bad labels on rolls and splices rolls.
* Directs errors to rework area.
* Rotates through rework area to rework bad rolls.
* Clean rewind machine or turret machine as needed.
* Operate turret machine.
* Must be able to accurately operate a high speed machine to cut, count and wind rolls to customer specifications.
* Ability to use work instructions and job jacket information to determine quantity of chipboard required for production job and number sheet requirements for combination runs.
* Assist in set-up on jogging machine for jogging, heat tunnel, and polywrapper.
* Ability to jog stock and remove defective stock prior to stock being cut.
* Responsible for removing labels that are wrinkled, out of register, or have other defects prior to labels being cut, wrapped, or stacked.
* Understand the vision system and is able to perform tasks within the vision system.
* Use vision to produce outer carton labels and place on appropriate boxes for production run, quantity and product; place outer product label on correct box.
* Responsible for inspecting all finished packs of product for defects, excess scrap, incorrect polywrap, etc.
* Ability to ensure the correct labels are placed in the correct box without mixing up labels in the box.
* Ability to understand and follow all customer specifications and SOPs for boxing of production jobs.
Responsible for transporting finished skid to the shipping department.
Duties may be change or additional duties assigned. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be able to accurately operate a high speed machine to cut, count and wind rolls to customer specifications.
* Strong written/verbal interpersonal and communication skills. Must be able to read, write, and comprehend instructions.
* Must be able to operate a forklift and order picker (will be trained).
* Strong mathematical, measurement calculation knowledge and experience and mechanical aptitude.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Basic computer skills and knowledge of Spreadsheet and Word Processing software.
* Strong initiative, problem-solving, and resourcefulness.
* Practice & sustain Lean Manufacturing and 6S procedures.
Works in a manufacturing environment and will be required to wear hearing, foot, and/or other personal protective equipment while performing duties in a manufacturing setting. May, on a continuous basis, stand for a long period of time and stoop, bend, and kneel frequently. May handle, feel and reach for items in and around press area and continuously grasp product from a conveyor for up to 12 hours (4 hours at a time due to breaks). Moderate to frequent walking and lifting and/or move up to 50 lbs (20 lbs repetitively) is required. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close & distance vision, ability to adjust focus, and ability to distinguish color variations, peripheral and depth perception. The noise level in the work environment is usually medium to loud. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as needed.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WS Packaging Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EOE Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm
* The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.