Rhode Island Executive Assistant
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OFFICE LOCATIONProvidence, Rhode Island (RI)RI201WORK WITH USThe Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact for people and nature around the world in more than 39 countries, all 50 United States, major US cities and in your backyard or neighborhood. Founded in 1951, the mission of The Nature Conservancy is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore we are committed to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.POSITION SUMMARYThe Rhode Island Executive Assistant provides direct administrative support to Rhode Island Chapter of The Nature Conservancy.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONSThe Rhode Island Executive Assistant is a part-time position (28 hours/week). The Executive Assistant responsibilities will be split between providing executive support to the RI Director of Philanthropy, the chapter's core team and for the Board of Trustees. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for a variety of administrative support tasks in the following areas:
* Support for Director of Philanthropy to manage and coordinate donor strategies, tasks, activities and logistics.
* Support for the philanthropy team in donor meetings and events.
* Manage planning and logistics for core team's management meetings and full staff meetings and retreat.
* Manage core team preparations for board and executive committee meetings.
* Manage scheduling, planning, logistics, and prepare materials for Board of Trustees quarterly meetings and for standing committees of the Board.The Executive Assistant will coordinate activities with multiple variables, setting realistic deadlines and managing the timeline. S/he applies established processes and practices in order to improve effectiveness. The Executive Assistant will communicate on behalf of supervisor with staff in various programs across the Conservancy; as well as with donors, vendors, and business relations. S/he will provide other staff with information they need to make decisions and solve problems. S/he will perform administrative functions for program as required.RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
* Demonstrate sensitivity in handling confidential information.
* Does not supervise any staff, but may supervise volunteers, interns, or temporary staff.
* Duties are performed under general supervision and established guidelines.
* Financial responsibility may include purchasing, processing invoices, contracting with vendors, and assisting with budget tracking.
* Identify routine problems and utilize existing resources for resolution, refers difficult questions and problems to supervisor.
* Make day-to-day decisions within the scope of work assignments and prioritize work independently.
* Serve as a team member for assigned projects.
* Work environment is primarily office-based; involves only possible infrequent exposure to disagreeable outdoor elements for outdoor events, and/or physical exertion and/or strain.
* Work overtime as neededMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree and 1 year experience, Associate degree and 3 years experience, or equivalent combination.
* Experience in business writing, editing, and proofreading.
* Experience organizing time and managing diverse activities to meet deadlines.
* Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
* Valid driver's license.
* PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
* Ability to analyze information for the purpose of preparing reports, coordinating activities, and solving problems.
* Database skills, including managing and tracking data, and producing reports.
* Experience working with board of directors, donors, volunteers, the public, and/or all levels of staff.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
* Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
* Multi-cultural or cross-cultural experience preferred.AUTO SAFETY POLICYThis position requires a valid driver's license and compliance with the Conservancy's Auto Safety Program. Employees may not drive Conservancy-owned/leased vehicles, rental cars, or personal vehicles on behalf of the Conservancy if considered 'high risk drivers.' Please see further details in the Auto Safety Program document available at www.nature.org/careers.Employment in this position will be contingent upon completion of a Vehicle Use Agreement, which may include a review of the prospective employee's motor vehicle record.HOW TO APPLYTo apply to position number 44626, submit resume (required) and cover letter separately using the upload buttons. All applications must be submitted in the system prior to 11:
59 p.m. Eastern Time on October 4, 2016.Click 'submit' to apply for the position or 'save for later' to create a draft application for future submission. Once submitted, applications cannot be revised or edited. Failure to complete required fields may result in your application being disqualified from consideration.If you experience technical issues, please refer to our applicant user guide or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
* Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of men and women of diverse backgrounds, beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
* The successful applicant must meet the requirements of
* The Nature Conservancy's background screening process.
* Job Title:
* Rhode Island Executive Assistant
* New England
* Job ID:
* Full/Part Time:
* Part-Time .