Risk & Advisory Senior Manager 8/27/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONGrow your career with CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C.
If you are an accomplished audit professional with a passion for success and a strong desire to continue developing your skills in a growth-oriented career, we are the organization for you. At CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) you will have the opportunity to pursue the career path that best fits you, your goals and your lifestyle. You will gain professional knowledge and personal insight, enjoy career and life fulfillment, and live beyond your career goals. CBIZ and MHM are devoted to providing you with a challenging, motivating environment to assist you in achieving your professional goals in the accounting profession. You will be able to achieve the success you desire in a time frame based on your ability to assume responsibility and advance. Ultimately, you are given the opportunity to determine the speed with which you move along your career path at CBIZ and MHM.
CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. are together ranked as the seventh largest provider of accounting in the United States. With more than 35 offices and more than 2,000 professionals, we serve the country s growing mid-market public and private businesses. MHM provides high quality audit and attest services while closely associated CBIZ provides all other accounting, tax and consulting services.
As an experienced team leader, you will develop superior relationships with the leadership and personnel of our client organizations to directly impact their success by delivering high quality services. You will have the opportunity to work with some of the most entrepreneurial companies in the nation the fast-growing, innovative companies that are the backbone of business across America. We have a diverse client base, and our multiple locations provide you with opportunities to travel, establish new relationships, and share expertise. You have the opportunity to develop a deep understanding of your client s business, goals and needs, and increase your functional expertise.
Job Purpose / Objective:
Functions as part of department management team; provides strategic service directly to clients manage and develop staff
Essential Functions and Primary Duties:
* Regarded as a Subject Matter Expert within business unit and shares knowledge
* Make recommendations on internal department procedures
* Recognize business opportunities for our clients and for CBIZ
* Assume significant client responsibility as client s trusted advisor, is relied upon for knowledge of industry trends, identify client issues and conflicts; proactively communicate solution options to client and team
* Manage staff on engagement deliverables (such as financial statements, tax returns, work papers, etc.); complete technical and strategic reviews as a member of the final engagement review team to ensure quality control standards are met
* Responsible for new client development in partnership with upper management; participate in client meetings, presentation and proposal development and meet individual cross serve goals
* Responsible for billing and realization on assigned clients; develop overall engagement budget, explain variances
* Supervise, train and mentor staff; listen and communicate effectively
* Work to develop responsible, trained staff by conducting performance feedback and evaluations
* Drive a team environment; demonstrate support of management decisions and builds a positive culture
* Additional responsibilities as assigned
* Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred in Accounting, Taxation or related field
* 8 years of experience in public accounting or related field
* 5 years supervisory experience
* Must have active CPA or equivalent certification
* Ability to manage all aspects of client engagements
* Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
* Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
* Proficient use of applicable technology
* Must be able to travel based on client and business needs
Come grow your career with CBIZ & MHM! Visit us on Facebook and Twitter!
Equal Opportunity Employer committed to employment of Females, Minorities, Persons with Disabilities and Veterans.
An E-Verify Employer
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant s race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, Please visit following URL for more information: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf