Risk Claims Administrator 8/27/2016
Summit Search, Inc.
Ann Arbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE
The Claims Administrator assists the Claims Manager in all claims, including reporting & compliance, settlement & reserving, payments, and reviews. Performs complex, diverse and confidential duties requiring experience in handling aspects of Worker's Compensation, Auto and General Liability claims.
* First point of contact and oversight for Worker's Compensation, Auto and General Liability claims. Effectively communicates and requests information on claims from employees, adjusters, and vendors. Acts as a liaison between adjusters and business units and employees.
* Provide and implement recommendations for improvements for claims process
* Ensure claims are handled in a timely and fiscally sensible manner. Maintain accurate records and reserving of claims.
* Management of 20+ adjusters and other claim related service providers
* Coordinate and lead Quarterly claim calls and meetings
* Prepare reports, including reserves, true up for Finance, WC State compliance, other ad hoc as needed.
* Review and process payments of claims and related expenses
* Attend mediations, hearings and trials as needed.
* Other duties and projects as assigned
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
* Assist the Claims Manager in managing the Claims Management Program
* Interaction with Director of Risk Management to assist in managing claims management program.
* Works in conjunction with Risk Manager and Risk Analyst to ensure the Casualty Program is managed and ownership for results is shared
* Interaction with all business units, including HR Managers, General Managers, Directors of Safety and Plant Managers to discuss claims procedures, status and outcomes.
* Interaction with defense attorneys, nurse case managers and adjusters to manage the effective handling of insurance claims with outstanding total incurred for all casualty claims and property losses.
* Interaction with third party claims administrators and medical case management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
EDUCATION: Bachelor's/University Degree
PREFERRED FIELD OF STUDY: Degree in Risk/Insurance Management, Law or Finance
OTHER TRAINING/CERTIFICATIONS PREFERRED: Associate in Claims Designation or equivalent industry training
WORK EXPERIENCE: 3-5years
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 10%
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Strong claims handling experience including WC, GL, and Auto
COMPUTER AND SOFTWARE SKILLS: Advanced Microsoft Office user, Experience using risk or claims software