Risk & Control Analyst II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 10/26/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Risk & Control Analyst II performs duties to support EverBank in monitoring and reporting on risks and controls. The Analyst will learn and apply an understanding of the principles, concepts, practices, and standards of risk management including regulatory standards to help identify, evaluate, and document internal processes and controls. In addition, the analyst will assist in the tracking of remediation of identified deficiencies, prepare and review reports for management, assist in maintaining database of record of enterprise risks and controls. Analyze data for holistic enterprise view for management reporting. Work closely with Risk Officers, Senior Risk Officers and other members of the Enterprise Risk Management Team.
* Assist with the evaluation of internal processes and controls for effectiveness and advise management on improvement opportunities.
* Create, update, and optimize current process and data to ensure compliance with EverBank standards.
* Identify, track, and assist with the remediation of deficiencies.
* Build and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners.
* As directed by Risk Officer, respond to inquiries from internal and external points of contact and conduct analysis and research to resolve questions regarding processes and risk and controls data.
* Support the communication of risk and control activities to internal and external points of contact.
* Assist with maintaining governance database of accurate and current data regarding risk management.
* Collaborate and share knowledge across the EverBank organization, as appropriate.
* Any other duties assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
* Experience in the business to which this position is assigned (I.E., banking, servicing, residential lending, commercial, IT/HR, or financial risk management)
* Ability to use time effectively, including concentration of efforts on the most important priorities
* Must be able to adjust and work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment
* Well organized, detail oriented team player with proven ability to multitask effectively and work independently
* Excellent writer and presentation skills, including the ability to write clearly and succinctly
* Ability to pick up on technical things quickly and to learn new skills/knowledge quickly
* Proficient in utilization of software platforms, preferably BWise or the ability to quickly learn EverBank's systems
* The ability to look beyond the obvious and not stop at the first answers
* The ability to probe all fruitful sources for answers and to provide honest analysis
* Ability to organize activities; ability to see opportunities for synergy and integration where others can't
* Ability to simplify complex processes and to get more done with fewer resources
* Thorough knowledge of MS Office applications especially fluent in Excel and PowerPoint
* Significant display of superior written/oral communication skills, problem solving, process management, and technical learning
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
* At least 1-5 years of experience in commercial lending
* Experience managing risk in the financial services industry preferred; prefer experience in a mature risk management function
Pre-Employment Screening May Include:
* Credit Check
* Criminal Background Check
* DMV Check
* Drug Screen-after offer of employment is extended and before start date
* Past Employment Verification
* Social Security Verification
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified, and they may change at any time.
EverBank is more than just a bank; it's the evolution of an idea. Traditional financial institutions had become wasteful, inflexible and stuck in the past. We thrive because we adapt, transform and push forward despite the ever-changing financial environment. From our headquarters in Jacksonville, FL, we continue to gauge our success on that of our clients' while seeking new opportunities to help them reach and surpass their goals.
EverBank is an equal opportunity employer. No employee or applicant will be discriminated against because of race, religion, color, gender, age, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, veteran status, or disability or any other legally protected status.
EverBank is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment or contractor opportunities. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at EverBank via e-mail, the Internet, or directly to hiring managers at EverBank in any form without valid written search agreements executed by the VP, Talent Acquisition for that specific position will be deemed the sole property of EverBank, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by EverBank as a result of the referral or through other means.
EverBank will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against associates or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another associate or applicant. However, associates who have access to the compensation information of other associates or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other associates or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by EverBank, or (c) consistent with EverBank's legal duty to furnish information.