Risk Engineering Specialist - Commercial P&C Insurance (4790)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
Alliant Insurance Services
JOB DESCRIPTIONWith a history dating back to 1925, Alliant Insurance Services is one of the nation s leading distributors of diversified insurance products and services. Operating through a national network of offices, Alliant provides property and casualty, workers compensation, employee benefits, surety, and financial products and services to more than 26,000 clients nationwide. Alliant Insurance Services ranks among the 15 largest insurance brokerage firms in the United States.
Responsible for supporting Underwriting in evaluating prospective and existing accounts. Provide risk control consultation services to contractor and wrap-up project clients for the purposes of reducing and controlling losses.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Provides account operational descriptions, safety management system assessment, exposure assessments and overall risk evaluation to Underwriting through formal written reports and ongoing verbal communications. Keeps Underwriting informed of account services, recommendation status and account performance throughout the policy year;
* Provides risk control consultation services to contractor and wrap-up clients that focus on both regulatory requirements and best practice safety/risk management practices. Services include field project safety surveys, training program development, training delivery, program development and loss analysis;
* Identifies areas of improvement for safety and risk management systems and provides formal recommendations to clients as necessary. Provides follow up and assistance to implement recommendations developed;
* Maintains effective partnerships with clients. Learns about client's business in order to identify risk management objectives and needs. Ensures accurate and concise communication and mutual understanding with internal and external clients. Keeps clients informed of status of services, support material available and outside resources;
* Collaborates with management and other employees in developing policies, procedures, service tools, technical resources, techniques and new products in order to support and enhance the delivery of risk control consulting services;
* Complies with agency management system data standards and data integrity (enters and maintains complete and accurate information);
* Moderate travel required;
* Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor s Degree in Science or equivalent combination of education and experience
Minimum 7 years construction safety, construction risk control, or related work experience
Prior carrier and/or broker experience preferred
CSP, OHST, CHST, ARM, CIH or CRIS preferred
Valid Property and Casualty insurance license required
Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
Advanced knowledge, skills and experience in construction safety, service planning and delivery, risk assessment, and risk analysis
Excellent problem solving, planning, and organizational skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and other critical safety related software is essential
We are proud to provide comprehensive, high quality employee programs to meet employees needs now and in the future, including a very competitive financial package. We encourage you to explore what we have to offer.
Alliant is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.