Risk Governance Leader
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Aon Is Looking For A Risk Governance Leader
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Enterprise Risk Management business group within Aon Hewitt in Lincolnshire, IL. As a Risk Governance Leader, you will report directly to the Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management Leader and have 7-15 direct reports.
Working under the direction of the VP ERM, this position will assist in facilitating the development and implementation of the risk assessment process throughout AH. Risk Insights and Governance is responsible for the ERM Framework that supports risk management activities at AH and the ERM Strategic Plan which provides a roadmap for the long-term direction of ERM. Risk Insights and Governance also has responsibility for Key Risk Policy Maintenance; Aggregate ERM Reporting; New Products and Services Risk Assessments.
YOUR IMPACT AS A RISK GOVERNANCE LEADER
* Forecasting and analysis of emerging risks
* Annual update of the ERM Framework
* Conduct research related to ERM Framework, standards, and industry practices as assigned by VP ERM and present results in an actionable format.
* Annual update metrics and policy
* Manage the annual refresh process for the ERM Roadmap and the Risk Profiles and prepare quarterly status reporting to various executive and Board level committees.
* Maintain the AH Risk Inventory. Create a risk maps for the company which identifies the strategic, operational and financial processes of the business and the key risks associated with the processes.
* Use the Risk Maps to facilitate discussions with business leaders and assess risks and risk control processes. Integrate risk map in business analysis and decision Coordinate the ERM Committee meeting packages in AH.
* Create top quality PowerPoint presentations for presentation to internal executives and external parties.
* Oversee SOC1 and Internal audit requests and coordinate remediation of issues that may arise from regulatory exams and internal audits.
* Requires cross-functional relationships, communication and negotiation to effect results by maneuvering through appropriate formal and informal organization channels
* Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies and the company's goals in addition to industry knowledge
* Lead a team of 7-15 colleagues including providing professional development guidance.
YOU BRING KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE
* 15+ years of relevant experience with significant experience in the areas of Actuarial, Operations, IT, Compliance, Internal Audit and Risk Management.
* Demonstrated conceptual thinking and analytical skills
* Well-developed sense of urgency and follow through
* Ability to work flexible hours as business needs dictates
* Ability to handle multiple projects under pressure
* Must be methodical, detail oriented and highly creative
* Ability to maintain highly confidential information
* Ability to work globally and cross-functionally and lead change in a fast paced environment
* Demonstrated ability to utilize computer applications, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. (Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field is strongly preferred).
WE OFFER YOU
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
OUR COLLEAGUE EXPERIENCE:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is the leading global provider of risk management, insurance and reinsurance brokerage, and human resources solutions and outsourcing services. Our more than 72,000 colleagues worldwide empower results for clients in over 120 countries with innovative and effective risk and people solutions and through industry-leading global resources and technical expertise. To learn more visit aon.com.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
JOB NUMBER: 2415992
CATEGORY: Operations and Tech Services Group
LOCATION: United States, IL, Lincolnshire