Risk Manager 8/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
The Risk Manager North America is responsible for eliminating or reducing hazard risks. This position will procure insurance for those risks that LafargeHolcim do not wish to retain. The Risk Manager will also manage the surety bond program and assist with management of Captives.
* Recommend and procure best method for financing exposures / potential losses and procure appropriate instruments as needed (e.g., insurance, surety bonds, etc.).
* Management of Loss Prevention Program.
* Management of Risk Audits, including compliance with local, state and federal legislation.
* Management of Jurisdictional Inspections for boilers and other vessels subject to pressure.
* Collect and validate insurance underwriting information.
* Review Captive s financial statements and its compliance
* Prepare annual risk budget assumptions for each business units.
* Perform continual risk and loss analysis to identify areas for improvement.
* Maintain risk management procedures manual.
* Interface closely with manufacturing, legal, procurement and other departments to improve risk profile and provide training.
* Review of insurance requirements in contracts and agreements as required.
* Manage compliance of certificate of insurance for vendor and customers.
* Work with Insurance Broker to assess and monitor each insurance company s financial condition both at renewal and on an on-going basis. Using S&P or Moody s rating agencies.
* Work with the Insurance Brokers to review the current insurance programs and language, identify weaknesses, and monitor concentration of risk.
* Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
* Assists the Director of Risk Management in managing the LafargeHolcim Risk Management Program and Department.
* Works in conjunction with Claims Manager to ensure the Property & Casualty Program is managed and ownership for results is shared.
* Interacts with Claim Administrators to work on LafargeHolcim Claims Management Program.
* Supervise Risk Analyst.
* Works in conjunction with all business units, including HR Managers, VP/ General Managers, Directors of Safety, Operations Managers and Plant Managers to discuss claims procedures, strategy, outcomes and knowledge transfer.
* Works in conjunction with Corporate Holdings, Treasury, Tax and Accounting departments to manage captive assets.
* Works in conjunction with captive managers and actuaries to coordinate LafargeHolcim Captive Programs for Property and Casualty.
* Manages and works with 20+ insurance brokers on Property & Casualty insurance programs
* Manages risks engineers for loss prevention program
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Degree in Risk Management
Required Training/Certifications: Associate in Risk Management Designation (ARM), Certified Risk Manager Designation (CRM)
Required Work Experience: minimum of 7-10 years
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
Additional Requirements: Financial and analytical skills
Required Computer and Software Skills: Advanced Microsoft User
* Knowledge and experience in primary insurance placement.
* Demonstrated ability in influencing, conflict management and negotiation skills.
* Working understanding of the construction manufacturing industry.
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
Action oriented, decision quality, functional/technical skills, informing, negotiating, organizing, planning, presentation skills, priority setting, and written communications.
Number of vehicles in Fleet 6,000+
Number of Marine vessels 300+
Property Values at Risk $8+ Billion
Number of Employees 11,000
Number of Areas USA and Canada
Number of Insurance Lines 20+
Annual Budget $45 million
Direct Reports (# of): 1 employee
Direct Reports (Titles): Risk Analyst
Indirect Reports (# of): 20+ specialty brokers and risk consultants
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES :
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: