This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Our Company
ACADEMI is an elite security services provider. With expertise forged in the world's most challenging environments, our world-class network of security professionals design customized solutions for our clients to help them navigate the complex, sensitive environments in which they operate. Today's changing security climate demands innovative solutions that can be applied in both high-threat and low profile operating environments. ACADEMI has become a trusted partner to both government and commercial clients by providing solutions that foster a smarter, safer security approach based on knowledge and training. Our cadre of experienced instructors create comprehensive training curriculums for both government and commercial clients that utilize our premiere 7,000 acre training facility located in Moyock, North Carolina. ACADEMI works as a team to promote a culture of integrity, excellence, and dignity in everything we do, making us a trusted global security partner. As set forth in its Code of Business Ethics and Conduct, ACADEMI / Constellis Group is committed to the highest standards of integrity, ethical behavior, and compliance with all applicable laws. As a prospective employee of ACADEMI / Constellis Group, I will support these objectives by complying with all applicable domestic and international laws and regulations and fulfilling humanitarian responsibilities towards all those affected by the Company's business activities. I also agree to respect the various cultures in all parts of the world in which it operates.
Moyock, NC 27958 US (Primary)
High School or Equivalent
How much Travel*
Participates in various situational training exercises and other collective training events to replicate mission scenarios.
* Participate in active scenarios with the client that involve shooting non-lethal weapons (paintball, blanks and Simunition weapons).
* Operate a motor vehicle for situational scenarios.
* Participate in scenarios as an aggressor, bystander, driver, guard, active shooter, or VIP in training scenarios.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Six months prior experience as a role player; or a year experience in surveillance, military training, police field work, first responder, or firefighting; or 80 hours of Firearms and/or Tactics training from a licensed training facility within the last three years.
* A valid driver s license with minimal violations is required.
* Must have effective oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, and the ability to manage time and multiple priorities to completion.
* Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
* Must be able and willing to use non-lethal firearms.
Work is based in a busy training environment and subject to frequent interruptions. Frequent work outside and in inclement weather conditions is required, including heat, cold, rain, and humidity. Must wear Personal Protective Equipment as required by established Company Safety standards. Work is in diverse work areas to include ranges, simulation cities, fields, and wooded environments.
WARNING: Role players are frequently shot with paintball guns and Simunition rounds. Position requires the operation of non-lethal weapons.
Position is considered to be casual (on-call/ as needed basis).
Must be able to lift and carry awkward items weighing up to 50 lbs. Requires standing for long periods of time in all weather conditions. Requires intermittent sitting, walking, running, climbing, squatting, stretching, bending, and kneeling. Requires constant use of hands and fingers to feel, handle or operate objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
ACADEMI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants receive consideration without regard to race, age, ethnicity, religion, gender, national origin, disability or any other basis prohibited by law.