- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Roofing Systems Sales Representative - Alabama - Florida Panhandle
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sales Representative for Alabama and the Florida Panhandle The Sales Representative will sell roofing product lines / systems and generate new growth and profitability within an assigned geographical territory. This position is based out of a home office within the territory and will require up to 40% travel within the assigned territory. Successful candidates will bring a history of proven sales, have experience calling on roofing contractors, specifiers, distributors and building owners. If you have a passion to sell, like working in a team environment and working with customers, we want to hear from you. This position reports to the Southeast District Sales Manager for Johns Manville Roofing Systems.
* Support the business in both maintenance of existing accounts and generation of new growth accounts in specified sales territory/markets
* Make direct customer calls on contractors/distributors/retailers to develop and increase sales through these channels
* Formulate job bids; drive product/systems sales to support established price strategies and minimize price deviations
* Assure legal compliance in the selling of all products/systems with applicable local, state and federal regulations
* Manage customer needs through product development processes
* Provide technical assistance and information to customers; respond to customer inquiries
* Manage customer dissatisfaction and specific complaints fairly, promptly and effectively
* Recommend and if necessary develop and conduct training programs for customers
* Develop and drive a sales strategy for a particular territory/market
* Gather and share market intelligence
* Develop sales forecasts by product line, markets and major customers; implement marketing programs to achieve sales and market share objectives
* Monitor and make recommendations concerning market needs, changes in competitive policies and strategies, channels of distribution, advertising and promotion, pricing and sales activity
* Manage and control budgetary process for assigned territory
* Promote and implement JM value-added selling model to channel partners and end users within territory
* Solicit and work with architects, specifiers, and building owners to gain specification on JM roofing products
* Partner with the Operations, Customer Service, and Marketing functions in creating and delivering value to our customers
* Lead the sales effort for new product commercialization launch efforts at specification and contractor segments in the assigned territory
* Prepare and issue reports as required
* BA/BS degree or 6 years of professional experience in lieu of a degree plus the requirements below.
* 5 or more years of experience building strong business relationships with key current and potential customers, with experience in the construction industry.
* Proven track record of producing significant profit driving sales growth.
* Business acumen.
* Basic financial skills for reporting functionality.
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Able to analyze and evaluate product lines, markets, and customers.
* Able to analyze and evaluate marketing programs and sales strategies.
* Able to work with minimal supervision.
* Able to drive an automobile for long periods of time.
* Able to climb stairs/ladders, lift up to 50lbs, access confined spaces, be exposed to hot and cold temperatures and extensive walking.
* Able to travel 40% of time within territory.
* Sales experience preferably in the roofing or commercial building products sales.
* Understands roofing business, JM products and systems
* Able to read blueprints and architectural drawings
* Confident, aggressive and results oriented with a strong sense of urgency
* Integrity and trust
* Excellent listening skills
* Strong verbal and presentation skills
* Detail and process oriented - able to lead and manage multiple tasks
* Solid problem resolution skills
* Strong team player and excellent team building skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.