Roofing Systems Sales Representative - Alabama - Florida Panhandle
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Sales Representative for Alabama and the Florida Panhandle The Sales Representative will sell roofing product lines / systems and generate new growth and profitability within an assigned geographical territory. This position is based out of a home office within the territory and will require up to 40% travel within the assigned territory. Successful candidates will bring a history of proven sales, have experience calling on roofing contractors, specifiers, distributors and building owners. If you have a passion to sell, like working in a team environment and working with customers, we want to hear from you. This position reports to the Southeast District Sales Manager for Johns Manville Roofing Systems.
* Support the business in both maintenance of existing accounts and generation of new growth accounts in specified sales territory/markets
* Make direct customer calls on contractors/distributors/retailers to develop and increase sales through these channels
* Formulate job bids; drive product/systems sales to support established price strategies and minimize price deviations
* Assure legal compliance in the selling of all products/systems with applicable local, state and federal regulations
* Manage customer needs through product development processes
* Provide technical assistance and information to customers; respond to customer inquiries
* Manage customer dissatisfaction and specific complaints fairly, promptly and effectively
* Recommend and if necessary develop and conduct training programs for customers
* Develop and drive a sales strategy for a particular territory/market
* Gather and share market intelligence
* Develop sales forecasts by product line, markets and major customers; implement marketing programs to achieve sales and market share objectives
* Monitor and make recommendations concerning market needs, changes in competitive policies and strategies, channels of distribution, advertising and promotion, pricing and sales activity
* Manage and control budgetary process for assigned territory
* Promote and implement JM value-added selling model to channel partners and end users within territory
* Solicit and work with architects, specifiers, and building owners to gain specification on JM roofing products
* Partner with the Operations, Customer Service, and Marketing functions in creating and delivering value to our customers
* Lead the sales effort for new product commercialization launch efforts at specification and contractor segments in the assigned territory
* Prepare and issue reports as required
* BA/BS degree or 6 years of professional experience in lieu of a degree plus the requirements below.
* 5 or more years of experience building strong business relationships with key current and potential customers, with experience in the construction industry.
* Proven track record of producing significant profit driving sales growth.
* Business acumen.
* Basic financial skills for reporting functionality.
* Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
* Able to analyze and evaluate product lines, markets, and customers.
* Able to analyze and evaluate marketing programs and sales strategies.
* Able to work with minimal supervision.
* Able to drive an automobile for long periods of time.
* Able to climb stairs/ladders, lift up to 50lbs, access confined spaces, be exposed to hot and cold temperatures and extensive walking.
* Able to travel 40% of time within territory.
* Sales experience preferably in the roofing or commercial building products sales.
* Understands roofing business, JM products and systems
* Able to read blueprints and architectural drawings
* Confident, aggressive and results oriented with a strong sense of urgency
* Integrity and trust
* Excellent listening skills
* Strong verbal and presentation skills
* Detail and process oriented - able to lead and manage multiple tasks
* Solid problem resolution skills
* Strong team player and excellent team building skills
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our Sustainability Report.